Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Back on Gantry 4.1.32 - bugs in 4.1.33

• SOLVED Back on Gantry 4.1.32 - bugs in 4.1.33

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Well, the saga continues...

We have been forced to revert back to Gantry 4.1.32 Framework and Template.

The bug we found is this...

When we install 4.1.33 the CSS sets grid 12 as 960px wide. On 4.1.32 it is correct at 1200px. All other settings are the same.

Anyone know when 4.1.34 will be out?

;-)

Wow. What a mess.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Back on Gantry 4.1.32 - bugs in 4.1.33

• We're not aware of any such issue.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please create a test site if you have to so I can see this issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Back on Gantry 4.1.32 - bugs in 4.1.33

• Sorry, we had to keep moving. We ended up on Gantry Framework 4.1.33 but had to revert to Gantry Template 4.1.32.

How to Duplicate the Bug

Do a clean install of Joomla 3.7.4, then install Gantry Framework 4.1.33 and Gantry Template 4.1.33.

Setup a homepage with a side bar and set it to 9/3 split in the template layouts.

Inspect the widths on the grids - they are wrong. It's loading an extra stylesheet - can't remember the name - that overrides the responsive stylesheet.

Fortunately, when we reverted to Gantry Template 4.1.32 it fixes the issue.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok well we've not had any reports of this. All our demos are now using 4.133 and J3.74 and there are no issues. Nor has anyone else reported this issue. What I will say is that there was a little issue when we first released 4.1.33 which we quickly fixed. So make sure that you download a fresh copy of 4.1.33 before you update again.

I will test your suggestion later but I am pretty confident it will be fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Well, we did several installs and reversions and we could repeat this every time.

Best of luck. We'll be avoiding Gantry Template updates for a while now. Can't lose another day chasing our tails.

NOTE: We saw this on another site and ended up writing extensive CSS fixes. We just can't afford that kind of dev time.

;-)
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gary Piland.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• OMG :( - well you are correct!

grid-12.css is taking precedence over grid-responsive.css

Weird that no one else has reported this to date. But I think the issue lies in the g4 template rather than g4...

I am still looking and will update you soon.

Regards, Mark.

• Well, that's my job. Finding the bugs no one else does.

And, yes, it's the template. Can't believe no one has seen this before.

Feels good to know that you're seeing it, too, and can get this fixed.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've raised a bug ticket for this and spoken to our lead developer about it. He's going to look at it as soon as he can but we both think it's a template issue rather than Gantry 4 framework (which probably explains why no one else has reported as it's much rarer for people to just use the Gantry 4 template).

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok it has taken me ages to find but I have cracked it. As always it's a really easy 2 second fix.

There are two line missing from the templateDetails.xml file after the description tag - if you add those back in after updating to G4.1.33 template, then clear server cache AND delete the contents of the css-compiled folder then everything will work again.
      <legacycss>false</legacycss>
      <gridcss>false</gridcss>

We will be releasing a G4 update soon.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: David Goode, webjo, MICHAEL KOONTZ

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds