Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 4.1.8 administrator component - issues?

• EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 4.1.8 administrator component - issues?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi, my friends!

I just upgraded my site to Joomla! 3. Using the Isis admin template, I find in template manager that the action buttons at the top, Save, Preview, Cancel, etc. don't look right. See attached photo...if it took.

After reviewing other forum posts on the issue of the template manager in Joomla 3, I wonder if this might be an issue with Gantry. The Gantry Site component is 4.1.29. The Gantry Administrator Component is 4.1.8. I have not been able to find any newer version. I have seen suggestions to uninstall and reinstall Gantry, but not knowing exactly if the Admin Component is part of Gantry, I hesitate.

I'm using Diametric responsive (J3) and my php is 5.4. I've cleared all caches (several times) and Chrome back to the beginning of time. ;-)

I also tried on Firefox and got the same result.

Template manager is working so I can make changes, but I don't like it when things don't look like they should.

Any ideas on how to make my template manager pretty again?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by EPIC Web. Reason: complete a sentence!
    • Betty K.
      Barely competent webdrone, but willing to learn!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry 4.1.8 administrator component - issues?

• EPIC Web wrote:
      After reviewing other forum posts on the issue of the template manager in Joomla 3, I wonder if this might be an issue with Gantry. The Gantry Site component is 4.1.29. The Gantry Administrator Component is 4.1.8. I have not been able to find any newer version.

Okay 4.1.8 is a older version than 4.1.29 which is the latest current version. So Backup your site with a free copy of Akeeba backup and then:

- set your Default template to Protostar
      - uninstall Gantry
      - download a FRESH copy of Gantry 4.1.29
      - reinstall Gantry
      - change the Default back to your original
    • EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the reply, Dan.
      I uninstalled and reinstalled Gantry, well, I uninstalled the administrator piece, but when I tried to uninstall the Site bits, I got an error message that the path was not a folder and would have to remove them manually. I just installed a fresh copy over that.

Got the same thing in administrator, but I don't have a Gantry Administrator component showing in my extensions> manage listing. Still the same display even after clearing Joomla cache.

I did not mention that there are some weird things on my front end too. The search box Go button is just a flat orange slab. "Go" appears when you mouse over.

Also on registration form (Community Builder) the submit and refresh buttons are half orange, one is blue. Really strange. Nothing that keeps the site from working as far as I can tell right now, but enough to make me concerned that there are underlying problems that I would like to resolve now.
    • Betty K.
    • EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Bump
    • Betty K.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• EPIC Web wrote:
      Bump

Could you also send me FTP access please.
    • EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • A little red-faced here. I did Discover in my Extensions manager and the Gantry 4 update showed up. Now all my Gantry 4 components are updated but I still get the funky view (no buttons but it still works). Since I'm working on upgrading to Xenon on Gantry 5, I'm going to call this thread closed with the mystery unsolved. Thanks, Dan, for trying.
    • Betty K.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds