Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Runtime Error

• Re: Runtime Error

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi all

I come back to this topic
      ARS update to 3.0.1 but i cannot update my 2.5.1 ARS version due to this Runtime fatal error with my Gantry 4 Tesselate website.

No issue here ?

thanks

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Has there been any update to this problem? I'm having the problem, but it's only happening with a K2 search module. Go here: umdphysics.umd.edu/people/faculty/current.html and click the 'a' in the directory search. Used to have Admin Tools but never used it and just uninstalled it. No change. I'm up to date on Joomla and Gantry.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Aaron McQueen.

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I am having the issue as well with Myriad. Have the latest Joomla and Gantry versions.

First part of my error...

[18-Mar-2016 12:45:54 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Ru
      ntimeException' with message 'Unable to load renderer class' in /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php:1018
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/templates/rt_myriad/features/dropdownmenu.php(44): JDocument->loadRenderer('module')
      #1 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/renderers/gantrymodulesrenderer.class.php(65): GantryFeatureDropdownMenu->render('header-b')
      #2 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php(867): GantryModulesRenderer::display('header', 'standard', 'standard', '12', NULL)
      #3 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/templates/rt_myriad/error.php(120): Gantry->displayModules('header', 'standard', 'standard')
      #4 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(142): require_once('/home/bvshumoi/...')
      #5 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(113): JDocumentError->_loadTemplate('/home/bvshumoi/...', 'error.php')
      #6 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php( in /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 1018
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Runtime Error

Posted 8 years 4 weeks ago
    • Tanya Flores wrote:
      I am having the issue as well with Myriad. Have the latest Joomla and Gantry versions.

First part of my error...

[18-Mar-2016 12:45:54 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Ru
      ntimeException' with message 'Unable to load renderer class' in /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php:1018
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/templates/rt_myriad/features/dropdownmenu.php(44): JDocument->loadRenderer('module')
      #1 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/renderers/gantrymodulesrenderer.class.php(65): GantryFeatureDropdownMenu->render('header-b')
      #2 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php(867): GantryModulesRenderer::display('header', 'standard', 'standard', '12', NULL)
      #3 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/templates/rt_myriad/error.php(120): Gantry->displayModules('header', 'standard', 'standard')
      #4 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(142): require_once('/home/bvshumoi/...')
      #5 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(113): JDocumentError->_loadTemplate('/home/bvshumoi/...', 'error.php')
      #6 /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php( in /home/bvshumoi/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 1018

I've put a bump into the ticket.

Posted 8 years 3 weeks ago
    • After Release of Gantry 4.1.30 We are still seeing this issue system running Joomla 3.4.8 and the rt_paradigm_v1.5 template
      mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unable to load renderer class' in /libraries/joomla/document/document.php:1018
      mod_fcgid: stderr: Stack trace:
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #0 /templates/rt_paradigm/features/dropdownmenu.php(44): JDocument->loadRenderer('module')
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #1 /libraries/gantry/core/renderers/gantrymodulesrenderer.class.php(65): GantryFeatureDropdownMenu->render('header-b')
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #2 /libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php(867): GantryModulesRenderer::display('header', 'standard', 'standard', '12', NULL)
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #3 /templates/rt_paradigm/error.php(72): Gantry->displayModules('header', 'standard', 'standard')
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #4 /libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(142): require_once('/mnt/data/vhost...')
      mod_fcgid: stderr: #5 /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-41 in /libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 1018

I will note that the stack traces are showing a pattern suggesting the issue is with the dropdownmenu.php file in all of the various G4 templates.

the source in that file is
      $renderer = $gantry->document->loadRenderer('module');

Which implies to me that the $gantry object is failing to get a JDocument object from the global $gantry; statement

Replication steps that have been reported (dosen't work on all sites, these steps no longer work for me in 4.1.30)
      1. get any invalid URL of your website (http://yoursite(dot)site/some-ugly-page)
      2. add to it to ?format=raw or ?format=json or ?format=xml

or
      "unknown page extensions" like .cfm, or .htm, etc
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by jtechmedical. Reason: add some replication steps
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: Runtime Error

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
    • There is a simple fix for this issue, but it requires you to change error.php file inside your template.

In templates/xxx/error.php, find following code, its usually around line 20-25 (right after Gantry initialization):
      $doc = JFactory::getDocument();

abd replace it with:
      $doc = JFactory::getDocument();
      if (!$doc instanceof JDocumentHtml) {
      	require JPATH_SITE . '/templates/system/error.php';
      	return;
      }

This will cause the template to display Joomla system error page (if you used J!1.5, you probably remember it).

Unfortunately displaying the nice error page from Gantry theme isn't possible because of it requires different document type. Unfortunately Joomla doesn't allow me to change the document type after it has been set, so the error page has to be static without any modules or JHtml calls (which means also that all CSS and JS needs to be loaded statically from the error.php file).

You can replace system error page with something better if you wish by loading another file. Just remember that you cannot do anything fancy in it...
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG, jtechmedical

• Gantry 5, enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds