0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 or 5?

• Tim Miller
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Video, Joomla, Grfx

Gantry 4 or 5?

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hi Guys,

I have a client who migrated an old 1.5 site to 3.4. Gantry 4 is loaded. What do you suggest I should do? I'm going to start working on a template, then content and also a huge member database. How difficult is it to upgrade to 5? Should I?

Thanks for your input

tm
    • ----
      Tim Miller
      timmiller.net
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 4 or 5?

• Tim Miller wrote:
      Hi Guys,

I have a client who migrated an old 1.5 site to 3.4. Gantry 4 is loaded. What do you suggest I should do? I'm going to start working on a template, then content and also a huge member database. How difficult is it to upgrade to 5? Should I?

Thanks for your input

tm

You can't "upgrade" G4 to G5 - they are TOTALLY different animals. You have to run a supported Gantry 5 template. At this point now that is Hydrogen and Callisto. Each day G5 is getting more and more sorted out.

I'd stick with Gantry 4 for now but you could always load a test G5 alongside your G4 dev site and see how it runs.
    • Tim Miller
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Video, Joomla, Grfx

• Dan,

Got it. That's what I thought. So is there a way to uninstall G4, and install G5 instead? I believe we are going to go with Callisto, but not sure how that is going to work...

Thanks!
    • ----
      Tim Miller
      timmiller.net
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Tim Miller wrote:
      Dan,

Got it. That's what I thought. So is there a way to uninstall G4, and install G5 instead? I believe we are going to go with Callisto, but not sure how that is going to work...

Thanks!

To uninstall you would do that with Extension Manager -> Manage -> Filter Search = Gantry -> check ALL -> click Uninstall

Then from here http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla/templates download the Callisto Stand-alone template and the Gantry framework and install both.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds