• Virtuemart cart update and remove buttons don't work

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Good morning,

I am running the following site: computeraly.net

This site uses gantry, joomla, and virtuemart at the following versions:
      Gantry v4.1.27
      Joomla 3.3.6
      VirtueMart 3.0.2

The issue I am running into is that on the cart, after selecting a product I cannot update or remove anything from the cart. In inspector, I don't see any console errors. In Chrome inspect, I've tracked 3 event listeners that I have attached and believe there is a conflict in the js.

So I found virtuemart and grantry version and updated them accordingly:

virtuemart
      js old new
      jquery_ui v1.11.0 v1.11.2
      jquery v1.9.2 v1.11.2

gantry:
      js old new
      jquery_ui v1.8.23 v1.11.2
      jquery v1.8.1 v1.11.2

I have been trying to use the jquery easy plugin but haven't had much success. Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Virtuemart cart update and remove buttons don't work

• You have got errors in the console - remove that jqueryeasy extension because it's doing all sorts of strange things to the page of the code. Then we can see what the underlying errors are.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Virtuemart cart update and remove buttons don't work

• Thank you, I have disabled jquery easy. The "add to cart" button works but when you try to remove or update the cart items the buttons are unresponsive. No console errors occur.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So now you problem is that you are loading multiple copies of jquery (different versions too). Doesn't virtuemart have an option to not load jquery?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you. Did you determine the that through the console? Everything you requested is the secure tab, please let me know what steps you take or general troubleshooting practices. I really appreciate you taking the time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• login does not appear to work?

Regards, Mark.

• sorry, please try again

• Good morning,

Just checking in for a status update, were you able to sign in with the credentials I provided you? Any thoughts on the js conflicts?

Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry somehow I missed this post.

So, I've experimented with the various Virtuemart settings and can't get it to work. I did also enable global configuration > error level to "maximum" and that revealed other strict standards issues with virtuemart plugins (so check they're the latest versions).

I'm afraid I have no idea what the issue is and RT doesn't provide support for third-party extensions - Your best bet would be to ask on the virtuemart forum.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds