0 items Join Now

SOLVED How To Add Own Font Awesome Icons

• SOLVED How To Add Own Font Awesome Icons

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Server Details - Debian Wheezy
      PHP - version 5.4.4
      Platform - Joomla 3.3.6
      Template/Extension - Stratos 1.3

I am a Jooma Font-Awesome newbie and have been asked if we can change some of the menu icons to some customised icons given to us by our brand and communication team. Our existing icons are currently part of the standard Gantry/Stratos template installation. They have supplied the icons in .svg format and I have been able to use Icomoon to create the font package but have not been able to add them to our existing Joomla installation.

Are you able to tell me if it is possible to add an additional font pack to an existing Joomla installation and continue to use the standard Font-Awesome/Icomoon fonts or can I only upgrade the existing versions of the pre-installed fonts? If this is possible, is there a link detailing the process of adding the additional font pack or is someone able to give me some easy to follow steps outlining the changes we need to make to get them working.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Geoff.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED How To Add Own Font Awesome Icons

• Re: SOLVED How To Add Own Font Awesome Icons

• Hi Damir,

I have both .svg and font files (please see attached). You can get to the test site by going to wwwtest.epicpharmacy.com.au . The icons need to go on the main menu buttons.

Thanks for your help,

Geoff.

• Hi Damir,

I thought I should also add the original .svg icons I was given in case the ones created by the Icomoon app are no good.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Geoff.

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could assist me with adding additional custom font-awesome fonts to an existing Joomla/Gantry installation. I have been able to create the new fonts I would like to add, but need some assistance on how to integrate them into the existing installation. If someone could point me in the direction of some existing documentation or give me a brief idea of what is required, it would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to use them on my main menu using the RocketTheme Stratos template.

Thanks for your assistance,

Geoff.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I've been scouring through the forums and I am unable to find a how-to. I would like to add custom icons beyond what fontawesome is offering. I have a svg file and a large PNG file. I can find a different format if needed.

Instead of using in my class "icon-gears title" I would like to use what ever one custom one I need. teddybear will be my example - so Do I add "icon-teddybear" to the fontawesome.less file?

The example place I would be swapping this out is in a simple text widget
      Here is the the css
      <span class="rt-icon"><span class="icon-gears title"></span></span>

I want to use
      <span class="rt-icon"><span class="icon-teddybear title"></span></span>

currently this is in the anacron theme.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED How To Add Own Font Awesome Icons

Posted 8 years 6 months ago