Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

State "hover" of menu items

• State "hover" of menu items

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Hello!

Can you help with the main menu of the website?

Happens is that by passing the courses near menu item, this appears to have 2 states "hover".

The first state "hover" is when the text color changes to "orange".

The second state "hover" is when the text color changes to "white".

I'm trying to do that when the cursor passes over the menu item does not change position, color or text.

Can you guide me to do?

I appreciate your attention and help, Cheers!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Carlos Betancourt.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: State "hover" of menu items

• it's something you've configured in your custom css... when I disable your custom css there is only a single orange hover and the position doesn't changes at all...

the reason it's changing position is the difference between a text-shadow and no text-shadow... it adjusts to accommodate those extra pixels in the text-shadow...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: State "hover" of menu items

• Hi Matt, thank you very much for your answer.

The code I added to modify the menu is as follows:

Can you help me locate the problem please? I'm a little confused ...

I appreciate your attention and help. a greeting!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Carlos Betancourt.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: State "hover" of menu items

• Unfortunately the support here focuses on RocketTheme templates and products... I can't spend time debugging your custom css that you've created yourself... there are a TON of web development forums out there + StackExchange and the like that you might turn to...

anytime you add or remove borders on a hover you're adding and removing pixels... that causes things to "shift"

same thing applies to text-shadows... or changing font-sizes... all of that... so look at and play with those parts of the code...

If you're truly trying to have the links have no state change on hover then strip out all your code that has anything to do with hovering... inspect the default template code with Developers Tools and make your override identical to the styling in place... just change the hover orange to white

Inspect HTML and CSS in real-time with Developer Tools:
      developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/
      developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools
    • The following users have thanked you: Carlos Betancourt

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: State "hover" of menu items

• Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your answers, keep looking for the solution.

Best regards!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds