Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to update Fontawesome 4.2 - Tutorial

• Re: How to update Fontawesome 4.2 - Tutorial

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I did pay for the subscription. Twice, for two different templates. The most recent was through my employer. I am just not a fan of your "service" model. You cater specifically to web design shops that want to bang out large amounts of websites and not to the one-time consumer. All I wanted was instructions on how to upgrade fontawesome. I see a bunch of non-working tutorials (by you) and then the "working one, for my template is hidden. If I purchased the template, I SHOULD have access to all the templates forums, problems, troubleshooting areas. EVERY other software on the market does this, except Rockettheme. No one likes bait being hung over their head.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How to update Fontawesome 4.2 - Tutorial

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Our service model is better than most... at least we don't stop you using the software after your subscription ends unlike other providers.

Please provide me with the links to this "bunch of non-working tutorials" and I will investigate and check them - as far as I am aware they are correct. You should not have access to all the template forums because you do not have a subscription that entitles you to see them - the purpose of a subcription is so you are entitled to see these forums, receive support, and get the latest bug fixes for our products. If you would like to make a complaint - please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and our support department will answer your email.

In the mean time - in a gesture of goodwill I have attached a screenshot of the link that I provided.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • WK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Since I updated, almost all icons jumped out of the chapelco :before/:after titlebubbles. Anyone also had this problem?
      It must be a style problem or not possible with the FA styles, because in later templates where the icons made place for FA tags, no template used something like bubbles anymore.
      I provided a online link for the mods. Don't have subscription on the chapelco team anymore but I have one on Isotope (working on a new website).
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• WK - Once you update Fontawesome, you can no longer use the Fontawesome 3 codes "icon-xxxx". The template uses these codes throughout so you will have to change all reference to them to the new "fa fa-xxxx" codes instead..

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • WK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark, I know :D. Please check the footer of the website. That is the biggest problem.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Use this code...
      .module-content > [class^="custom"][class*=" fa-"]::before {
          content: none ;
      }

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_iridescent would be rt_iridescent-custom.css). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: WK

• WK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• That worked for me and for now. On some other positions I deleted the icons for now, also because I don't want to put too much time in it for now. We are now developing Isotope for the new website. Thank you MrT.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds