Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 can NOT load Chinese language files properly

• Gantry 4 can NOT load Chinese language files properly

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • At first, please don't suspect that if I know how to translate Joomla extensions. I had translated more than 500 Joomla extensions in recent years. I know exactly everything about extension translating.

So, this must be a bug of Gantry Framework itself.

Look at following screenshot images:

1. On the "template manager" page, you can see that all backend menu and list column titles, and bottom link, are all in proper Chinese language. This can prove that my Joomla core uses Chinese as the default backend language.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

2. When open the gantry template parameter page, you can see that the Tabs title are also in correct Chinese language, but some options are unreadable symbols ! Even those bottom links has been turned into unreadable symbols instead of proper Chinese characters!

The point is: on Gantry options page, SOME has been properly translated, but OTHER options are NOT ! Since they are in one single language file, you can not suspect that I made a mistake in language file.

So, I am sure this is a bug of Gantry itself.

I had tested my language files on Gantry 4.1.24, the latest version, this issue still exists.

I think it must relates to some encoding code which had been hardcoded in some Gantry files.

Hope you will fix this bug soon.

Thank you.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Gantry 4 can NOT load Chinese language files properly

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Thank you for this info. I will report the issue to our devs for a review
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: Gantry 4 can NOT load Chinese language files properly

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • Any progress on this issue?
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • If you didn't see anything on our update page then no
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • When will you pay attention to this issue and solve it indeed?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Today I updated Gantry Framework to latest v4.1.25, the language issue seems still unsolved. Why?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Because the DEVS has not fixed it yet - the bug ticket is still outstanding. They do not fix every outstanding issue in a release.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Today I tested with Gantry v4.1.26, it seems that now Gantry Framework can load Chinese (zh-CN) language translations (zh-CN.com_gantry.ini) properly. There is no unrecognizable characters this time. This is very good. Thank you!

However, I still found some minor issues. For example, some static strings still show in English, though I had already translated them in my Chinese language file. I even had validated my language file with com_localise which indicates that my translation is "complete".

These strings including but not limited to:

Top Bar Color
      Header Style
      Main Style
      Footer Style

Above 4 strings are on the "Style" tab of template options. They were included in the English language, and I also had translated them in the Chinese language file. But they still shown in English while other strings in Chinese at the same time.

Well, there are still many strings that were NOT included in the English language file, for example:

Color 1
      Color 2
      Color 3
      Color 4
      Color 5
      Accent Color 1
      Accent Color 2
      Overlay
      Background
      Pattern
      Social Buttons
      Login Panel
      Popup Panel
      Login Button Text
      Logout Button Text
      Popup Button Text
      Positions
      Assign to Menu Items

Hope you will add them all to the language file.

And, I noticed that some templates have their own static strings in template options, but many of these strings can be "common terms", for example:

IE7 Redirect
      K2 Styling

Why not just include these "common terms" into the language file of Gantry so that they can be easily translated in one place and work for all templates?

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds