Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

After adding a whole new row of module position can I...?

• cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: After adding a whole new row of module position can I...?

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • you needed to do this portion of the instructions for adding a module position from here:

www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/customize/
      Step 3: Adding Position to Gantry Framework
      Open templateDetails.xml and scroll down to the "positions" tag where the default Gantry positions are listed. Under here we will need to add our "row module" positions a through f, as in the example below:

<position>example-a</position>
      <position>example-b</position>
      <position>example-c</position>
      <position>example-d</position>
      <position>example-e</position>
      <position>example-f</position>

replacing "example" with "accessbar"
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi,

I swear down I also did that bit, as I was going through that customise document page I was finding the previous changes in a back up version and then simply pasting in what it was pre patch update and uploading to the live server... it would seem then that the last upload to the file server musn't have completed as expected and hence still didn't show the accessbar modules.

May I ask, so whenever the template needs updating in the future how do i implement the bits in the document it mentions in to the less files? The bottom section of this document has always confused me you see but I would like to secure this charity organisations website from future template upgrades.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course and thank you once again.

Regards,
      cdavis411 wrote:
      you needed to do this portion of the instructions for adding a module position from here:

www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/customize/
      Step 3: Adding Position to Gantry Framework
      Open templateDetails.xml and scroll down to the "positions" tag where the default Gantry positions are listed. Under here we will need to add our "row module" positions a through f, as in the example below:

<position>example-a</position>
      <position>example-b</position>
      <position>example-c</position>
      <position>example-d</position>
      <position>example-e</position>
      <position>example-f</position>

replacing "example" with "accessbar"
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• the items for the index.php and the template's xml files will get overwritten in the event of an upgrade. At present you cannot use less files for those. you need to have back up copies set aside and you can also check the changelog for the list of files changed and/or added for any given update. Just upload those instead of using the Joomla installer to make the update.
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi and thanks for the clarification.

That's a bit of a bummer, however if I simply save a copy of the current since been fixed by you mytemplate>templateDetails.xml and mytemplate>index.php plus a copy of my custom css file to be safe, then this would suffice in this regard as a go between for any future template upgrades?

Regards,
      cdavis411 wrote:
      the items for the index.php and the template's xml files will get overwritten in the event of an upgrade. At present you cannot use less files for those. you need to have back up copies set aside and you can also check the changelog for the list of files changed and/or added for any given update. Just upload those instead of using the Joomla installer to make the update.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds