Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

After adding a whole new row of module position can I...?

• oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

After adding a whole new row of module position can I...?

Posted 10 years 1 week ago
    • Hi All,

In follow up to this past thread of mine that would enable you to get up to speed;

http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-joomla/212205-solved-how-to-create-a-whole-new-row-of-module-positions I created a whole new row of module positions at the very top of the site I'm working on and named it ' accessbar '.

Now all that is fine and it looks as near to how I envisaged once populated with modules / content when viewed in a web browser, http://www.dapwales.org.uk/testing_site/

However, when I view the site via smartphone / mobile devices browser, or minimise my normal web browser to mimic a mobile device version, it doesn't inherit the previous RT Hexeris header styling before I replaced the top of the site with the accessbar module row.

I think what isn't helping, is that I have implemented a fixed element for the 'accessbar' module row and hence in the attached screenshot,
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      you will see the RokSprocket Strips are hidden under the accessbar (cue oblong red highlighted box of the bit of strips text that does show in responsive version when viewed on a mobile and also the overall layout of the accessbar for mobile devices is crap at present due to my additiona of accessbar and fixed header.

I'm seeking advice / guidance as to how to solve the above and it would be much appreciated as always.

Regards,
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: After adding a whole new row of module position can I...?

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • you set the z-index of the accessbar div to 999. the menu toggle is set to z-index: 2 so it is behind the accessbar. you can use
      body .gf-menu-toggle {z-index: 1000;}
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi cdavis,

Thanks for the reply firstly.

Can I ask, as it's a static header "accessbar" so in effect it stays permanently at the top of the page so the users have permanent access to the pages accessibility features, will this pose a problem when viewed on mobile devices do you think and what's partially causing the issue I mention above?

Also the code you mention below, do I take it this needs to be put in my templates custom.css file, as if so, I have done this and after clearing site and browser cache and trying it out, I'm not seeing any change?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

cdavis411 wrote:
      you set the z-index of the accessbar div to 999. the menu toggle is set to z-index: 2 so it is behind the accessbar. you can use
      body .gf-menu-toggle {z-index: 1000;}
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• the css I provided before brought the menu toggle to the front in smaller screens. also add this for the bunching issue.
      @media (max-width: 767px) {
      body #rt-accessbar {position: relative;}
      }
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • If this solved your issue, please mark the subject of your original post [SOLVED]. Likewise, if you still need help please reply with details. Also, we all appreciate it when you select the Thanks button on any reply posts that help you. Cheers :)
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm having to bring this thread back up as whilst it still wasn't quite fixed, we had to spend other time elsewhere on the site. So now I've returned to this due to updating the RT template to the latest one and I've seemingly lost all the 'rt-accessbar' changes I'd previously made. :(

The rt-accessbar module positions at the very top (go to: www.dapwales.org.uk )are still showing in the admin backend in module lists, still assigned to the given modules but for some reason aren't translating since upgrade on to the actual page?

I do recall having to make some core code changes in one of the RT template files to make the accessbar module row but I can't find the same resource I used in the past to do this. :(

Hoping you can help.
      cdavis411 wrote:
      If this solved your issue, please mark the subject of your original post [SOLVED]. Likewise, if you still need help please reply with details. Also, we all appreciate it when you select the Thanks button on any reply posts that help you. Cheers :)
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

• That's right I found it a while after my initial forum message earlier today and have followed it again, also backed by a site files backup so I was able to find the exact code I had in the pertinent areas of the customise joomla documentation, previous to the template patch the other day... However, it doesn't seem to have made any different to the site's rt-accessbar modules, as they still won't show live on the site?

Regards,
      cdavis411 wrote:
      is this the doc to which you are referring? www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/customize/
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• If you would like us to take a closer look, you can submit super admin and FTP login info to the "Secure" (NOT "Public") tab of the full reply editor. Only moderators and RT Staff can see that information.
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi,

OK that's been added for your use, thank you and I hope you can help me get to the bottom of why this 'accessbar' module row is there but not quite there since the template upgrade.

I do feel that there was more to be done in the past to stop the changes I'd made been overwritten but I didn't get that far in to it / understand the bits about what to add in to the /LESS files, let alone locate the correct less files etc, so that would be a positive too so this doesn't happen again.

I'm used to using the custom css file for slight modifications but not the less files.

Anyway, keep in touch and see what we can do together to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds