0 items Join Now

How to update font-awesome

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: How to update font-awesome

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
  • Re: How to update font-awesome

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • Sorry Kat. I didn't see that from your previous post...too sleepy.
    • Cliff Kujala
      www.purekarting.com
  • Re: How to update font-awesome

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Any help for Anacron template?

In /less/global.less I have: @import "jui/less/font-awesome/font-awesome.less";

Than:
      1. Font Awesome 4.2.0 downloaded from fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
      2. Unizip on my comp
      3. Font files moved to /template/rt_anacron/fonts/
      4. All files from font-awesome/less/ directory mooved to /templates/rt_anacron/less/less
      5. Changed name from /templates/rt_anacron/less/less to /templates/rt_anacron/less/font-awesome/
      6. File font-awesome/paths.less changed like this:
      /* FONT PATH
       * -------------------------- */

@font-face {
        font-family: 'FontAwesome';
        src: url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?v=@{fa-version}');
        src: url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?#iefix&v=@{fa-version}') format('embedded-opentype'),
          url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=@{fa-version}') format('woff'),
          url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=@{fa-version}') format('truetype'),
          url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg?v=@{fa-version}#fontawesomeregular') format('svg');
      //  src: url('@templates/rt_anacron/fonts/FontAwesome.otf') format('opentype'); // used when developing fonts
        font-weight: normal;
        font-style: normal;
      }

7. File templates/rt_anacron/less/font-awesosme/font-awesome.less mooved to templates/rt_anacron/less/
      8. In file: templates/rt_anacron/less/ and file: templates/rt_anacron/less/font-awesosme/font-awesome.less I deleted @import "core.less"; There wasnt bootstrap.less
      9. I have changed name of font-awesome.less to font-awesome-custom.less (I have those 2 files in both directory)
      10. Clear cache
      11. Ctrl F5 several times but I cant see new fonts.

Where I made a mistake?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by besonerms.
    • 91thpe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: How to update font-awesome

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I've been trying to update from FontAwesome 4 to 4.2 to get the new Twitch icon.
      It seems to be very difficult to update and I'm wondering if there's some way to replace the following path to update the library: /libraries/gantry/assets/jui
      This is the path that holds the main font files, but I can't seem to update this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also in response to the previous reply: It seems that you're trying to use the directions for upgrading version 3.2.1 to 4.0 and since there are various differences between all of these versions, it shouldn't work with upgrading version 4.0 to 4.2. But I might be wrong :P
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by 91thpe.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds