Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

String could not be parsed as XML

• Jere

String could not be parsed as XML

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • I am very new to Joomla and am trying to get the Nebulae theme installed. After much trial and error i have been able to get the theme installed and all the extensions. But I am getting a error when I try to access the comgantry under the components section. This is the error I get String could not be parsed as XML

I have Version 1.6.3 Joomla installed and the right themes for this version. If anyone can suggest how to fix this i would be greatly thankful.

Jere
    • Jere

Re: String could not be parsed as XML

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Well, I guess no one has any information to help. I have to say this has been one of the most frustrating installations I have ever dealt with.
  • Re: String could not be parsed as XML

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • i have the same issue in joomla 1.7.0!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

apologies for the late reply.
      if you like send me your link and super admin details via pm to take a closer look.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

ok, i see, there is actually no need for that comgantry entry in the components menu, you could uninstall gantry completely and reinstall it, that might remove it.

kat :)
    • jaantox

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • Hello Kat, i am too problem! :( Help to me!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • hi there,

the menu link is not needed, if you don't mind it being there, then you can leave the site as is, if you do want to remove it you will have to delete an entry in your database itself. you could try that on a test install first or make sure you back up your database before just in case.

in your database go to jos_menu (jos could be different in your install) and search (browse) for the com_comgantry (or com_gantry) entry (not sure which one it is as i do not see it on my own install). then delete it.

the link should then be gone from the components dropdown.

kat :)
    • GStone

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Linux
      PHP version5.4.35
      Platform (name and version)Joomla! 2.5.28
      Template/Extension (name and version)Refraction 1.2
      Link to the Issue www.mysite.org/2015/administrator/index....ate&layout=edit&id=9

I just migrated an old 1.5.26 site to 2.5.28. I've been using Refraction on the old site for a number of years. I successfully installed the latest version on the new site and most everything is okay except I can't get my Main Menu to show up in the toolbar position, where it was in the old site. It occurred to me that I hadn't installed Gantry on the new site so I tried that. Now, when I try to edit the style I get a 500 error: "String could not be parsed as XML". Other templates do not throw this error, and neither did Refraction until the Gantry upgrade. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Refraction and Gantry, also reinstalling earlier version of Gantry, but nothing changed.

Ideas?

EDIT: I resolved the menu issue, but I still cannot access the template via the style manager. Other templates—incuding RT templates—are all fine.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds