Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Can I apply the "main menu" color to entire column?

• Can I apply the "main menu" color to entire column?

Posted 14 years 1 month ago
    • Hello folks... please help me if you can to figure out how to apply the "main menu" color which the theme uses... and apply it to the entire right or left column. I would love to apply the nice orange colors used in the "Light" color version to the entire left column. Maybe a third color scheme could be used as a choice in the theme... as in "color 1" color 2" "color 3?"

I am using the theme on a personal site at www.pocait.org but be warned it is still far from finished. Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
  • Re: Can I apply the "main menu" color to entire column?

• Hi,

It can be done with a slightly css modification. Please open sidebar-left.php and sidebar-page.php files from your theme directory, find this code :
      <div id="col2" class="<?php echo get_option('after_leftcol_color'); ?>">
      and replace it with :
      <div id="col2" class="m_menu">

Next please add this code to your css :
      #colmask {background: #CF2700 !important;}

This should help :)

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

• Jakub, thank you so much... that did the trick! One other small question. Please look here: www.pocait.org/?page_id=2 to see what I am asking. Is there a way to hide the
      bleed over" of that menu color from the main body area? In most cases, a page with enough content would make that disappear but in a short static page (as the one cited) it shows up. I am viewing in Firefox 3.5.7, by the way.

• Hi,

Unfortunately because of the construction method which was used to create this theme this isn't possible. The only solution is to have more content (which by the way doesn't have to be visible). In example you can always use some empty characters like &nbsp; to make your content longer. Sorry about that.

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

• Hey, no problem... I can live with it. You have been most helpful.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds