Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Afterburner Wordpress Theme install

• BoxMax

Afterburner Wordpress Theme install

Posted 14 years 4 months ago
    • I have been looking at the free Afterburner theme for wordpress and cannot get it to install on my Mamp Mac(laptop)

I get "Stylesheet is missing in Appearance within Wordpress so i can't see or activate the theme, when using the latest version of wordpress - 2.8.6 .

Another blog on Wordpress (site) talks of the same problem as mine but no solution.

The problem is the theme does not show up either when installed from a zip version of the folder or a extracted version of the folder.

Another user - wordpress.org/support/topic/321184

I believe that the path to certain files style.css etc is not mapped (don't know how to fix that) or its the wrong package on the site? the package seems to be structure like a regular joomla template-does that make a difference-anyone?.

I have notice that its a .tgz and not .zip file you have provided for download, don't know if that helps.

Any help Please ? sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to put my question.

Many regards
      J.
  • Re: Afterburner Wordpress Theme install

• Hi,

Well that's really weird, because :
      a) path to css are proper for sure because they're using special tags
      b) nobody reported that problems
      c) .tgz ? no way! i only uploaded them as .zip

So my best guess would be that there's something wrong with the package you downloaded.
      Are you using Google Chrome ? Please try downloading package using different browser. I just tested it and it's downloading zip not tgz.

Cheers
      Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
    • BoxMax

Re: Afterburner Wordpress Theme install

• Dear Jakub,

thanks ever so much for your convincing reply, it led me go and check, I've made a silly mistake, I got confused, I downloaded a joomla template of AfterBurner, not realizing I been switching between clubs, so the files are completely different i.e zip and tgz

many regards
      J.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds