Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket positioning

• RokSprocket positioning

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • Hi everibody
      I'm totally new to wordpress and I am trying to understand how it works (coming from a few joomla's things).

First, I would like to understand how I can position a roksprocket module over a particle in the Xenon Theme.
      I thought to add a "widget position" to the header, but in the widgets available I can't find RokSprocket, which is activated, but I can't find it. Am I doing something wrong?
      Thanks
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by JoeVasapollo.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokSprocket positioning

• roksprocket admin should appear in the left hand sidebar (towards the bottom). But... I just tried installing it myself and it did not appear ... so I will look into this for you.

Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: RokSprocket positioning

• Done it. Though I have it on the left sidebar... But I don't know how it should be used to eventually switch it over the header Flexslider in the Xenon's home
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So, all you need to do now is put the roksprocket in a position (that exists on your layout). You can of course create other positons on the layout of your outlines too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I can only use Sidebar or Aside... what if I want to use roksproket in the home page instead of the flexslider particle in the header position?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT wrote:
      You can of course create other positons on the layout of your outlines too.

see above.

Regards, Mark.

• In this case I have to study how...
      thank you Sir... I'm new to WP and still have to understand it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The same way you would in Joomla Gantry 5.

Go to the layout of the outline in which you want the position. Then drag the position particle onto the layout of your outline and give and change the settings of the position particle to give a "key" (position name) and SAVE. Then the position will be available for you to assign a roksprocket widget to.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: JoeVasapollo

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds