Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokGallery Not Working When Creating Content

• Quag
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RokGallery Not Working When Creating Content

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hello,

I've set up a brand new wordpress website using Gantry/Helium + RokBox + RokGallery. I'm not able to get RokGallery working. I've even tried a clean install of Wordpress, the only plugin is RokGallery, and it's not able to insert images into posts. If I downgrade to WordPress 3.9, RokGallery works. Seems to be an issue with WordPress 4.8.3. PHP version is 7.0.22, hosted on WP Engine.

Here is what's happening:
      • When I click on the RokGallery link in the Post's WYSIWYG, I get a white screen. No thumbnails.
      • If I switch the WYSIWYG to text mode, the RokGallery link seems to load images from RokGallery, but there are UI issues and it won't let me select RokBox options (thumbnail to full size)

Here is the error that we get:
      Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCEPopup is not defined
          at onload (admin-ajax.php?action=rokgallery_tinymce:62)

And in the RokGallery image upload/editor, there is a conflict with Yoast. We had to block their JS to get RokGallery image editor working.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokGallery Not Working When Creating Content

• Yeah... Yoast loads their JS everywhere in the Admin even if you're not a on a page that has Yoast stuff on it... and their JS does conflict with MooTools which RokGallery and RokSprocket use.

Do you have RokCommon installed as well? RokSprocket and RokGallery both require it
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Quag
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hey Matt, thanks for the reply!

Yes, RokCommon is installed in both our production environment and the test environment, which was only Wordpress + RokCommon + RokGallery. No other plugins were installed in the test environment.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• ok, I reread your previous post... yeah... with Yoast active, the button won't work on the Posts page either

We have workarounds embedded for our Premium Themes, the Widgets screen, and the G5 Dashboard... but since Yoast is primarily used on Pages and Posts we don't interfere there with the RS and RG buttons
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Quag
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• So is there no way to get this working? Yoast is a massively popular... the defacto SEO plugin for WP. Seems like this is something you'd want to solve.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• We've already been down that road 100 times.

RokSprocket uses MooTools (It's like jQuery, just older) and Yoast simply won't work with MooTools.

To complicate it, Yoast loads their JS everywhere in the WordPress admin even where it's not needed. We've taken the action to disable Yoast's JS in our Theme when on the Gantry Dashboard and we built a toggle to let you turn it off on the Widgets screen. Since Yoast is primarily used on Posts and Pages though we yielded there and do not interfere.

You can simply deactivate Yoast, do whatever you need to do in RokSprocket/RokGallery, then re-enable Yoast when you're done
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Matt.
    • Quag
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks, but functionally, that won't work. I have many people collaborating to publish content and not everyone would have access to disable Yoast.... not to mention the SEO problems it would cause turning the plugin on and off.

There's no way to make the JS library's work together?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Correct

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds