Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Strange Gantry value in options table

• Strange Gantry value in options table

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Hi, I came across a template that uses the gantry for WP and as I tried to import the database to a new server I got an error in sql syntax. I went to see the error and I saw this:
      INSERT INTO `wp_options` (`option_id`, `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload`) VALUES
      (21837, '_transient_GantryAdmin-4.1.10-gantry', *******************************,, 'no');

but instead of ******************************* there was a string of more than 550,000 characters!!

Do you have any idea what this value is and if I can change it? because I can't import it .

Thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Strange Gantry value in options table

• What template? How are you "importing" it? Do you have the Gantry 4 Plugin installed?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Strange Gantry value in options table

• It's a custom child template for Gantry 4. The website is working. I just want to change the server and when I import the db throught phpmyadmin I get the error. I changed the value to something else ("aaa") and the theme is working. I am just not sure what this option does and if I need to have it at a specific value. Also I find it very strange that the value always increases and by the time I had to change the server (4 months after launch) the value was about 0.5 MB --> 550K!!!

Thanks for the answer
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Strange Gantry value in options table

• I'm not a SQL dev or expert nor am I sure what the error/option is referring to.

Child themes have limited functionality within Gantry as they're really not needed... you can do everything you can do in a Child theme within the Gantry admin itself
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds