Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Myriad 1.0 Theme ~ responsive menu "panel" not collapsing on click?

• SOLVED Myriad 1.0 Theme ~ responsive menu "panel" not collapsing on click?

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • [SOLVED] The responsive menu panel does not collapse when clicked. This creates a navigation issue... and makes it unusable on mobile platforms. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Thank you,
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Dave Riepe.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Myriad 1.0 Theme ~ responsive menu "panel" not collapsing on click?

• Works fine on our demo:

demo.rockettheme.com/live/wordpress/myriad/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Myriad 1.0 Theme ~ responsive menu "panel" not collapsing on click?

• Thanks for the quick response. It works if I direct to a new web page... which is refreshing the page...but I am trying to direct to a unique location on the single page layout (i.e. mywebsite.com/#my-services or mywebsite/#about-us). That does not seem to work... it navigates to the part of the page but does not collapse the navbar panel (on mobile view). I am familiar with bootstrap/js and would of expected an onclick collapse.

Thanks again for any guidance
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Dave Riepe.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Post a link to your site please and detail which menu items you're using in-page anchors on
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Hmmm... I see what you mean... I've popped a ticket to see if the devs can do anything for it...

I might be able to help with a work around though... what if the toggle button scrolled with you...? so that when you clicked a link and it scrolled to that point the toggle button is still available to be clicked which will close the menu. If you think that might work let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out... if you do want to go that route... do you also want it just scroll with the page normally? Like, even with the menu collapsed do you want it to stay fixed as you scroll down the page... or should it only scroll down the page if the menu is open?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Matt.

• Yes. I thought about that... the toggle button scrolling with the page would help greatly! It would allow the user to close the menu. And having the menu scroll with the page when menu collapsed will provide easier/quicker access to the menu navigation... I think thats a better design experience.

This is a good interm solution - best solution is closing on click combined with scrolling menu button :-)

Thank you!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Give this custom css a whirl:

Theme Settings > Default Settings > Styles Tab > Custom CSS:

OR

docs.gantry.org/gantry4/tutorials/adding-a-custom-stylesheet

div.gf-menu-toggle {
          position: fixed;
          transition: 0.2s ease-in-out; 
      }

div.gf-menu-toggle.active {
          left: 18rem;
      }

... kinda looks cool if you change 'ease-in-out' to just 'ease-in'... you can increase the transition delay too ;)
      www.w3schools.com/css/css3_transitions.asp
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Dave Riepe

• That works better.... I put it into the style.css which overrides other .css... and it works. Appreciate the work around! Do let me know if they every update the onclick collapse concept. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds