Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Change the language of buttons

• Change the language of buttons

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hi guys,

I want to change the language of the buttons (or edit it manually) on my website. When I create a RokSprocket item (News - Strips) on the homepage it works fine, but I can't find out how to change the 'read more' buttons manually.

Do I miss something or isn't it that simple?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Change the language of buttons

• We use .po and .mo files like everything else in WordPress... check our plugins' language folders

PoEdit is popular: make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/tools/poedit/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Change the language of buttons

• Hi Matt,

we changed it now with some hard coding by changing "<?php rc_e('READ_MORE'); ?>" to "Lees Meer" but if we want to make the website
      multilingual we want to have both Dutch and English language to be available. we already tried to change the following .po files

--> wp-content/plugins/wp-rocketsprocket/languages/wp_roksprocket-en_US.PO
      --> wp-content/plugins/wp-rocketsprocket/layouts/strips/languages/wp_roksprocket-en_US.PO
      --> wp-content/themes/rt_spectral_wp/languages/en_US.po

we tried to change it by hand and using poEdit.

I hope you can help us out here.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Change the language of buttons

• You don't change .PO files (well, you can change the string value but that's not correct practice)... you use them to generate .MO files in whatever language(s) you need... we cannot help directly with translation here... there's tons of documentation out there though... check the link I posted previously and Google around and you'll find lots of tutorials
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds