Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Help with RokGallery please...

• Help with RokGallery please...

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi all

I thought I was reasonably intelligent but I simply cannot grasp the workflow with this and the interface with lots of displayed codes is completely unhelpful.

I spotted a tutorial on another site which sort of explained the admin side of things..
      but having built a gallery (I think) with images tagged christmas... gallery is also called that..

I can select it in rokgallery pages but again the interface is rubbish... the preview doesnt display anything... why not?? and anyway... how do i incorporate a rokgallery into a wp page...??

any help or tutorial would be good

thanks

george
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Help with RokGallery please...

• Do you have RokCommon installed as well? RokGallery needs RokCommon...

The admin should not look like that... those are language strings that should be translated to your WordPress set language...

Documentation here: www.rockettheme.com/docs/wordpress/plugins/rokgallery

Try disabling all other non-RocketTheme plugins... there may be a conflict that's causing it to behave badly...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Help with RokGallery please...

• Matt

I removed both plugins downloaded both and installed... no difference

I spent an hour deactivating... simply could not recreate the ui as in the docs...
      Now reactivating all these I need to spend time to reconfig my plugins and settings...
      sad... i think rokgallery is taking too much of my time... I need to find a plugin which works instantly.

sorry mate...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Help with RokGallery please...

• No worries... if you want to come back to this just post back and we'll take another look... The other thing I forgot (and most servers have enabled by default) is that RokGallery needs the MySQL PDO Driver installed and active in the PHP config
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds