Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 4 Customization

• Mark
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 4 Customization

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I'm new to the Gantry framework and I'm tasked with converting a Gantry 4 Joomla template into a Gantry 4 WordPress template.

It seems that the Joomla template includes different content in positions, such as the Showcase position, on different pages... or even doesn't show at all on other pages.

I would like to do the same with the WordPress template but I don't know where to begin. It seems that the "Overrides" only control the layout of the widgets and basic colors, etc. Perhaps I'm not fully understanding how to use them.

For example, the Joomla site has a slideshow on the home page in the rt-showcase position. On other pages it has a static image instead, or is not used at all and is missing from the page rendering.

Thank you in advance.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Mark.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry 4 Customization

• Gantry 4 in WordPress is more or less the same as Gantry 4 in Joomla...

docs.gantry.org/gantry4 -- toggle screenshots from Joomla to WordPress...

The only big difference is that Gantry Overrides in WordPress control what Widgets are assigned to what Page AND what Styles/Features/Settings are assigned to each page... in Joomla Gantry Template Overrides only effect settings/features. Joomla has a native ability to assign Modules to specific pages and positions whereas WordPress does not... so the Overrides handle that task as well in WP.

As far as our Templates go... we publish the same Widgets (Modules) in the same Positions as we do in Joomla...
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Mark
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Ok, I just realized you from what you said that I could remove widgets for an override at Appearance > Widgets.

Thank you :)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• good deal :)

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; don't forget the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds