Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roksprocket translations for wordpress

• Roksprocket translations for wordpress

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello:

My site is BROKEN LINK REMOVED

I found the article to create a multilingual wordpress plugin roksprocket. I thought I found the language files at wp-content/plugins/roksprocket/language and duplicated the .po file with the ending -es_ES.po and translated every single line. But it won't show when refreshing the site, except for the Read More tag.

I found the article for joomla but not said article for wordpress sites.
      Could you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance,
      Diego Zayas
      SemiologĂ­a SC
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Roksprocket translations for wordpress

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • you need to use the provided .po files to create .mo files in your language

PoEdit is a popular tool to do this

make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/tools/poedit/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Roksprocket translations for wordpress

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • Where does one place the translation files so that they don't get overwritten on update of the plugin?

For example, I want to tweak the english in roksprocket mosaic layout. I can of course edit the .po and .mo files which are in the plugin directly and it works. HOWEVER it would seem that I should be able to place them here and it should override the local files

/wp-content/languages/plugins/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.mo
      /wp-content/languages/plugins/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.po

However, it does not work.

I have tried all sorts of variations on the directory with no luck.

Please advise.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Roksprocket translations for wordpress

• you can try /wp-content/themes/[theme-name]/roksprocket/[path/you/want/to/override/from/plugins/]

.... that works for RokSprocket theme and layout overrides... I'm not 100% sure about language files though
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Roksprocket translations for wordpress

• I'm running the theme as a child theme, I tried it both in the child an the main gantry based theme

/wp-content/themes/g5_hydrogen/roksprocket/layouts/mosaic/language/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.mo
      /wp-content/themes/g5_hydrogen/wp_roksprocket/layouts/mosaic/language/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.mo
      /wp-content/themes/g5_hydrogen-child/roksprocket/layouts/mosaic/language/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.mo
      /wp-content/themes/g5_hydrogen-child/wp_roksprocket/layouts/mosaic/language/wp_roksprocket_layout_mosaic-en_US.mo

Alack, none of the above worked for me.

Its not critical, as i can just edit the main files directly.. but if anyone comes across a solution, i'd love to know.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds