Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Solved - RokGallery Links

• vpgraphix
    • Hero Rocketeer

Solved - RokGallery Links

Posted 9 years 1 day ago
    • I'm working with a WordPress site for the first time, normally a Joomla user.

I'd like to use RokGallery or RokSprocket for a revolving sponsor logo/link in the sidebar position.

In Joomla, I had to do some customization to have the link from within RokGallery open in a new window. Will I also need that for Wordpress?

bcmotocross.ca

I'm tempted to upgrade the whole site with a Rockettheme template but not sure how steep the learning curve would be.

Amberlee
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 day ago by vpgraphix.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokGallery Links

Posted 9 years 1 day ago
    • I'd recommend RS over RG... yes... you'd have to customize the particular RS Layout's item.php file, same as in Joomla...

if you're good with Gantry in Joomla you'll be fine in Wordpress... the only difference is that WordPress doesn't allow you to assign Widgets to specific pages natively... like Joomla allows with it's Modules... so in WP you just have to Create Gantry Overrides for each page you want different Widgets on... In Joomla Overrides only applied to Template Settings... whereas in Wordpress they apply both to Theme Settings AND Widget Positioning

gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordpress
    • The following users have thanked you: vpgraphix

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds