Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RockSproket v2.1.2 - Articles List and Types Limitation

• KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

RockSproket v2.1.2 - Articles List and Types Limitation

Posted 9 years 4 days ago
    • I RockSproket only shows the first 20 articles or post types Post and Page. Why does it no display all post types? Why does it only display the first 20 articles of post/page rather than a paginated list for all available articles? How do I select the articles that I really want to feature?

I use complete Toolset developer tools with Types http://wp-types.com . Widget settings show "Types Providor and Headlines Layout" icons (see thumbnail) I posted early last year regarding this and other related posts responses indicated that it would be addressed in subscequent updates to RockSproket plugin. What is the status of an updated version addressing this?

Summary of Issues

1. Articles list limitation of 20 with no pagination selecting specific articles beyond the display
      2. No articles access for custom post types other than default Post and Page

Thanks.

RokSprocket v2.1.1
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RockSproket v2.1.2 - Articles List and Types Limitation

Posted 9 years 3 days ago
    • 1) Which layout are you using? You can filter/order your articles in a number of different ways and you can specify how many articles are displayed per page (Display Limit) all in the RS Admin... I'm not sure I actually understand your issue...

2) No, I don't believe post types is an available filter... but Category and many other Filter + Sort rules exist
    • The following users have thanked you: KittyJ

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

• As indicated in second paragrah in GREEN is my layout.
      Widget settings show "Types Providor and Headlines Layout"

1. My issue is that the popup window for selecting specific articles only display 20 to select from. There is no other admin capability to expand this beyond the initial 20. If you're refering to "Headlines Layout Options" and "Display Limit" I have that to infinate, but I don't see how that controls how many articles I have access to from article selection box.

2. I don't need to filter. Though the Layout clearly offers my Types icon (for my custom post type content) as a layout specification, the article popup window only reveals Post and Page filters and no other post types.

Unless I'm missing something, the article popoup window that I see only show the first 20 pages and posts. Nothing more to select from beyond 20. I don't see any other way to select past the initial 20 listed Page/Post only presented to me.

The only work-around is to use (not so simple) Simple Providor and Headlines layout with Image/Link/Description where I must first copy and paste the link to the actual custom post type article and manually input to link field to add the article to RockSprocket.

See attached image. Arrow shows that I can select from Types in the layout, but can't see beyond first 20 and is limited to Page and Post only. Thanks.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If you're manually selecting articles everytime you SHOULD be using Simple Provider... that's what's it's for, building individual Items, one by one... otherwise, the idea behind RokSprocket as a "Publisher" of Provider (Wordpress, other CCKs) posts/articles is to dynamically filter them in as they're published... you can filter by title, slug, category, text, keywords, post tags, parents, dates, authors... and you can do one or several... surely within all those options you could come up with a rule set that pulls everything in?

www.rockettheme.com/docs/wordpress/plugi...atures_mode.md#setup -- #4

But... beside the point... you SHOULD have pagintiaon at the bottom of your individual Post selector pop-up... it shows 20 by screen by default, but there should be standard wordpress pagination to navigate to other articles... see attached...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds