Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket and qTranslate-X

• RokSprocket and qTranslate-X

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi!

I am trying to have my website using the Hardon Wordpress theme translated into multiple languages. So far, all my pages are working fine except for the Sprocket widgets. I read similar question posted by Lukasz Groszkowski under the subject, "RokSprocket multilanguage: Custom Variation and/or qTranslate". Using his trick, I was able to hide text accordingly but there is a limitation with his trick. It seems that Lukasz's approach would work just fine as long as you are limited to two languages but I need to support three and maybe more lanugages.

Looking at qTranslate-X's FAQ page: wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate-x/faq/ , it appears that there are two possibile workarounds in getting the text in the RokSprocket to translate. One approach is the custom "id" or "class" which I have tried adding, "sprocket-features-title" to the custom class in qTranslate-X but without any luck. I even tried adding "roksprocket_options-30002" to custom id but again, not working.

According to qTranslate-X FAQ again, the second possibility is adding custom filters to their plugin. Their documentation mentioned theme could pass values through "apply_filters()" function before displaying the value. Would you be able to tell me how I could find out the names of the filters RokSprocket use so I could add them to the custom filters in qTranslate-X and test?

I have also considered using overrides but I don't believe I could differentiate between Home Page in one language with another.

For the details on my website, please see the secure part of this message.

Regards,

Ken Szeto
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokSprocket and qTranslate-X

• Unfortunately I can't help with any qTranslate stuff directly... nor do most of the mods have the development side knowledge to help with the php coding (directly) in the plugins... the plugins are GPL, you're welcome to inspect the code and tear them apart...
      Ken Szeto wrote:

I have also considered using overrides but I don't believe I could differentiate between Home Page in one language with another.

If you have different menu items for each language of your homepage you'd could certainly use Gantry Overrides
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Solved: RokSprocket and qTranslate-X

• Thanks for trying. In the future, I will switch to Joomla CMS instead of Wordpress. My own fault for not researching this part initially.

Anyway, I found a workaround myself. Instead of summoning the Roksprocket directly from the Widget screen, all I needed to do was to insert a text box and using that text box to summon Roksprockets that correspond to the language using [:en]for English Roksprockets[:fr] for French Roksprockets[:] and so on.

The downside is that I have muliple Roksprockets to maintain but on the plus side, when I have 3 or more languages to update, it would be more managable to deal with language specific Roksprockets.

Again, thanks for trying.

Ken
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Ken Szeto.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Solved: RokSprocket and qTranslate-X

• yeah, Joomla does a better job with Multilingual sites... though I believe Gantry 5 for WordPress will finally work with WPML :) At least that's my understanding.

Thanks for sharing your solution/workaround
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds