Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

wrong Meta-description on frontpage

• wrong Meta-description on frontpage

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • I use the Paradigm Theme on two sites.
      I use a static home page. I use also review by Yoast SEO Plugin. But I have now seen that in the Meta description was not the text I created is displayed. This only affects the home, with all other it works, so for pages, articles or category. The meta description of the home shows me any text of an article. But I would like the text I created.
      Thanks in advance for the help.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: wrong Meta-description on frontpage

• where did you create the text? Just use the Meta Description box within the actual WordPress Page that's assigned as your homepage?

post a link
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: wrong Meta-description on frontpage

• Hallo Matt, I normally as always entered with Yoast the Description. The same way is when I enter "edit your homepage" in Wordpress.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by GeorgHeinrich.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• We don't guarantee compatibility with every 3rd party plugin... just configure it via the Page's Meta Description Box

//Definitely don't use the edit homepage/customize thing under Appearance... which is a separate issue... all that stuff is configurable via the Theme Settings
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: wrong Meta-description on frontpage

• Page's Meta Description Box ??? This is the Page Meta Description ... Or what do you think? Which box do you mean?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I missed the screen shots...

It looks like it's writing it correctly in the og:description field below that, per your screen shot...

I'm not sure how Yoast is configured to place what where... can you ask the Plugin developer why it's writing it correctly in the meta open graph description field but not the normal meta description field?

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds