Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokSprocket multilanguage: Custom Variation and/or qTranslate

• SOLVED RokSprocket multilanguage: Custom Variation and/or qTranslate

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Hi!
      I'm working on a multi-lang website. I have bought your Hadron template few weeks ago and I've started from demo content. There is this nice slider in the showcase on front page and I wanted to translate it (it's items text only).

I'm usig qTranslate (along with qTranslate Slug, I've also tried qTranslate-xp) and every content on the website seems to translate fine: text, menus, widget texts, etc. however I can't force the RokSprocket Slider to translate. I've tried adding
      [:en] [:pl]
      tags in item's drescription but I still see both english and polish versions.

Next I figured out that I can use en-hidden widget variation as qTranslate adds en/pl /other class to body tag to indicate which language is currently displayed, so I've added
      .en .hidden-en{
          display: none !important;
      }
      .pl .hidden-pl{
          display: none !important;
      }
      in one of the loaded css (the one from qTranslate Slug). And other elements like custom menu works fine - it is being hidden accordingly to the added custom variation. But still no luck with RokSprocket and some other widgets. I did no changes to the code besides mentioned CSS. When using chrome web developer tools I've manually add the class, it is correctly hidden/shown, so it seems that widget's Custom Variation doesn't add the class.
      I'd greatly appreciate your help in that matter.

best wishes
      Lukasz
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Łukasz Groszkowski.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokSprocket multilanguage: Custom Variation and/or qTranslate

• welcome to the boards...

post a link to your site, specifically the page with the concerned RS Widget...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: RokSprocket multilanguage: Custom Variation and/or qTranslate

• Hi,
      Thanks for quick reply. I wasn't able to set this up yesterday, as I'm working on internal site behind VPN, but I've managed to move core elements to my private host outside.
      I've added a class in a css from qTranslate Slug (qts-default.css) that I've mentioned to hide some widgets in other languages and I've also added qTranslate tags in RokSprocket slider.
      Thanks for your time.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I don't think RS is gonna convert the shortcode tags to html... so try coding them directly...

in the <span> tags around the description text try em like this <span class="hidden-en">...</span>

You can similarly wrap <span> tags around your Title
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Okay, that's helpful tip and I've managed to apply it in couple places. Yet, the issue of RokSprocket diregarding completely Custom Variation remains. I've made a no-readmore class that hides read more button in child tags, but I cannot apply it to a RokSprocket widget. Any help with that?

• Try this for hiding the Readmore button:
      .sprocket-lists-item a.readon {
      display: none;
      }
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• RS doesn't "ignore" custom variations...

Please be specific...

• Okay, so I'll be as specific as I can:
      1. I'm navigating to WP Admin, Apperances/Widgets/(Front Page Override), I locate Showcase RS Widget in Showcase Widget area.
      2. I'm adding Custom Variation (A "hidden-en" class, that is present in a css file of one plugins).
      3. I'm saving widget configuration.
      4. I revisit (refresh) the admin Apperances/Widgets/(Front Page Override) to check if the class was added and it was.
      5. I visit the front page to check the results, I'm browsing the code using Chrome's dev tools.
      6. I observe that no CSS class was added to any bit or child of RS widget.
      That's what I meant when I wrote that RS ignores Custom Variations. Please refer to my screens if you have more doubts, or check out the website credentials I've provided securely above.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• so I removed the "fp-roksprocket-showcase" variation and it similarly won't clear from the frontend code...

Something is caching/not-updating the custom variations...

do you have any caching plugins installed (your backend is difficult for me to navigate in Polish)?

as opposed to using the RocketLauncher Slideshow it might be worth creating a new RokSprocket Features instance and pull that into the Showcase widget position for the Front Page... perhaps the demo widget is cached/stuck... something's weird...

• I can't believe it's a chaching issue. I can successfully add Custom Variations to other widgets with success.
      You can change WP Admin Language, by clicking on the English flag on the left hand side sidebar.
      I've tried adding hidden-en or hidden-pl custom variations to other widgets and for logo widget it didn't worked out, however, for standard WP text widget it did the job. Give it a go, maybe you can figure out something what's wrong.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds