Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket - Pagination/Arrows Not Working

• lydianp18
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RokSprocket - Pagination/Arrows Not Working

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Ok - the site is at 192.185.98.156/~dceager

RokSprocket Lists, it's under testimonials at the bottom. It displays right except none of the pagination or arrows are working, and autoplay doesn't work either. It does show the correct number of pages.

I've tried all 3 layouts. It's plugged in using a short code. WP V4.0 and the latest version or RokSproket - 2.1.2 and RokCommon 3.1.12

I'm a Joomla person, and I would guess it's some kind of JQuery conflict, but I don't have a clue where to look and what to remove to fix it. Any ideas?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by lydianp18.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokSprocket - Pagination/Arrows Not Working

• Using a complex widget like RokSprocket as a shortcode can often falter... I'd highly recommend sticking it in as a Widget and placeing it in Content-Bottom... you could similarly move your Videos space into that position, with a Gantry Divider, to balance out the row...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • lydianp18
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• That would be a great idea, and how I would have done it, if I was using a Rocket Theme or Gantry base. Which I'm not. So, I need another option. It needs to be by shortcode.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• when you load it via the "content" area, the "post" area, you change the page/html heirarchy in which the RokSprocket Widget loads... and since you're not using an RT Theme it's particularly difficult for us to then tear through their template code and debug what's breaking the styling... IF the styling/theme is the issue

I don't see any JS errors in console, but I can really only reason it's some other plugin or part of the theme that's in conflict...

if you have any error logs... in your control panel, in the error_log file in webroot, from your apache logs... that involve plugins/wp_roksprocket/ in the path, then that would be helpful.

Start deactivating plugins and testing and you might find another plugin in conflict... so long as RokSprocket and RokCommon and up to date and remain enabled
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: RokSprocket - Pagination/Arrows Not Working

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • I am having the same issue and cannot fix the problem. I've tried disabling some of the other "rok" plugins, no luck so far.

I have RokSprocket module for text slider and testimonial slider (not using shortcodes). They appear on the page, but do not autoplay and cannot be toggled with the nav arrows.

Any help is much appreciated, please advise.

Thank you,
      David
    • lydianp18
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Sorry, I never got it working. I ended up using other widgets to do what I needed.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I still recommend just publishing RS instances as Widgets... don't embed them in posts...
  • Re: RokSprocket - Pagination/Arrows Not Working

• Mine were never embedded in posts, always used as a widget.

lydianp18, what alternative widget(s) did you use?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Then you need to post a new Topic because your issue is not the same

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds