Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Translate website with stratos theme

• Translate website with stratos theme

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Hi guys,

I would like to translate my website built with stratos theme.

So my question is if there is any tool compatible with rockettheme themes and plugins in order to have a complete and clear translation of my website.

My main doubts come from how could I tanslate menu and widget..

Thank you in advance
  • Re: Translate website with stratos theme

• Hi,

Most of tools are compatible with RT themes and plugins. The clearest way to make translations is by translating the respective files under the language directory inside your Theme's root.

You can use tools like POEdit in order to produce both .po and .mo files instantly.

Hope this helps :)
    • Posting a url to your site and screenshots of your issue could be really helpful.
      How to add a Custom Stylesheet in Gantry for WP

• Hello Dimitris,

actually it doesn't help me a lot but I think just because I'm not so expert... by the way it is a good point to start to learn something about website translations.

So during the next days I'll check how POEdit works.
      I have just read about WPML (WordPress Multi Lingual) which makes possible to translate page/post contents and plugins aswell, so i guess it is something similar POEdit but it is not for free. Probably it is also easier for not advanced user..!?!

Anyway is WPML (WordPress Multi Lingual) suitable with RT themes?

Thank you in advance!

• Hi again,

I think that we had some compatibility issues in the past but i believe that the plugin is working properly alongside Gantry and RT themes.
      The fact is though that I'm not completely sure so i will try this locally with Stratos and WPML and let you know if i face any issues.

Regards,
      Dimitris
    • Posting a url to your site and screenshots of your issue could be really helpful.

• Hi Dimitris, sorry for pushing you..

Have you tried to test it in local as you said?

Thank you in advance! :)

• Hi,

I've tried this but i haven't found a way to translate the theme with WPML. I'm not sure if this is even possible.

I would advise you to download POEdit and translate the en_US.po file found here: wp-content/themes/rt_stratos_wp/languages

You can use this app to translate and it will also create automatically the .mo file. After that you need to rename both files according your language and place them in the same directory.

Hope this helps :)

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds