Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Roksprocket Shortcodes

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

SOLVED Roksprocket Shortcodes

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I'm trying to add some flexibility to the Alerion theme FP showcase slides.

I can see in the Showcase 1 post where the default content reads:

[showcase topline="2013" headline="Space.Needle<br />Event" place="Brooklyn, NY, USA" date="Fri, Feb 29 &amp; Mon, Mar 04"]
      [span class="hidden-phone"][button-inverse url="#" icon="arrow-down"]Find Out More[/button-inverse][/span]

I found insdie ..\themes\rt_alerion_wp\gizmos\typographyshortcodes.php at about line #78 code that appears to relate to the Roksprocket shortcodes used to format the slides.
      		return '<span class="rt-demo-showcase-content"> <span class="topline">' . $topline . '</span> <span class="headline">' . $headline . '</span> <span class="subline"> <span class="subline-big">' . $place . '</span> <span class="subline-big">' . $date . '</span> </span> ' . do_shortcode( $content ) . ' </span>';
      	}

Before I start butchering the typographyshortcodes.php file, how can I add something like "desc" (short for "description") to be available for use when creating additional slides? For some slides I need to replace [place="..."] with a description. Right now it seems odd typing several words into what is obviously formatted for a date.

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Dave.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Roksprocket Shortcodes

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Sorry to not answer you directly... I know nothing about creating WordPress shortcodes... but...

Shortcodes are little more than substitutions for HTML... we package them with WordPress instead of raw HTML because otherwise when people open the posts and resave the default TinyMCE editor in WordPress will butcher the code...

So if you've need of entering HTML into posts I recommend just turning off the Visual Editor under your User Profile or upgrading to the TinyMCE advanced version (there's a plugin) and toggling to it's HTML view... then you can just write whatever HTML you need and not worry about having to first create a short code... although I do understand that shortcodes can be handy

hope that helps
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Matt I figured it out. Was a simple matter of duplicating what was already there and then renaming it.

Thanks for checking in though!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Damir I don't have a RT subscription anymore :(

I was posting into those forums but someone noticed my sub was expired and booted me. No biggie but this is the only forum I have access to.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds