Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Prevent Search from showing Roksproket content

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

Prevent Search from showing Roksproket content

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • The rokajax search feature pulls from everything, including roksprocket posts. Really falls under the same issue I am having with the blog rendering roksprocket posts that obviously should not be seen on a regular page.

How do I prevent rokajax search from displaying results that include roksproket content?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Prevent Search from showing Roksproket content

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Damir if you follow the link I posted > Search box top right > "Bicycle"

This will show as probably the last result, content from RokSproket, which is also the first slide on the landing page - "City Lites Ride".

I'd like this not to happen as not only does the search result show shortcodes but clicking the result shows an page the content was not styled for.

Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dave.
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Just curious why you asked if I had something for you to look at when the RT theme site for Alerion does the same thing. I pulled up the demo just now @ demo.rockettheme.com/wordpress-themes/alerion/ and it did the same thing.

Using the search bar at the top-right start typing "Space" - the last displayed result is "Showcase 1" with all the Roksprocket content. Clicking this takes you to a page obviously not formatted for this layout.

Can anyone help me prevent this from happening?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Damir Pecnik wrote:
      if you would like to disallow the roksprocket content you need to use the simple provider in RokSprocket. Apart from that the Plugin works as it should!

You are right, the plugin works as it should! But I wasn't disputing that.

I'm good though. An easier way than trying to recreate all the Roksprocket CSS for the slides; install "Simply Exclude" plugin and make some simple hacks to the "searchform.php" file. I lose the AJAX rendering but who cares - my client doesn't!

Something like this would have been noticed during theme development - heck anyone can see it using the demo by searching for "Space" - and would have been an easy two or three lines of code to exclude Roksprocket content from search queries - just give me a field where I can add some ID exclusions. Afterall no visitor needs to see all those shortcodes, really.

C'mon guys don't be afraid to add some polish to your themes.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds