Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove pagination from Homepage

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

Remove pagination from Homepage

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Using the alerion theme and under the main section "Latest News From Blog" I can't figure out how to remove "Page 1 of 3" pagination.

I changed something to cause this because the demo is not showing it.

Also how do I prevent the BLOG from showing posts from Roksprocket? Right now if I create a blog page, all the posts from Roksprocket appear too. Looks confusing because these posts are formatted for slides not pages.

Thanks.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Remove pagination from Homepage

• in the article manager or menu item's article options set "Show navigation" to "no"
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Sorry don't know what an article manager is? Is this part of Wordpress???
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• (oops) my mistake. Guess I had Joomla on the brain. Is this site online? If so, please provide the URL to the issue.
      :)
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• After reading your reply 3 more times I figured you were in Joomla mode - no biggie.

The site is still on my home server with no public access. It's an actual server so I'm pretty careful about blocking it. Regardless I figured some of this out on my own and think I just need some guidance.

1. RT Gantry has this section for Theme Settings where I have pretty granular control of almost everything, which is great but confusing. The difference I see comparing the demo to what I will use for the client, is under Assignments > Template Page Types. One is named Front Page. This apparently has something to do with how many and what blog post appear on the landing page because when I remove Front Page from the override, posts disappear. Home is also an override. What is the difference between "Front Page" and "Home" and how are these created?

2. I only need 2 or 3 posts to appear on the landing page and from a specific post category. I think this is controlled in Theme Settings > select override name > Content > Blog View > check Blog Category > enter ID.

Is this correct because your demo is showing 2 by default without any overrides?

3. How do I prevent Roksprocket content from appearing within blog pages? As I mentioned content for stuff like slides is appearing that obviously looks wierd because it's formatted for a different presentation type.

Thanks.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Thanks but I get redirected to:

403 Forbidden
      You do not have permissions to access this page.
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

• Thanks for a link but I'm still being redirected to a 403 forbidden page...

EDIT

Forget the link issue - looks like I need to pay to see it.

The rokajax search feature pulls from everything, including roksprocket posts. Really falls under the same issue I am having with the blog rendering roksprocket posts that obviously should not be seen on a regular page.

How do I prevent rokajax search from displaying results that include roksproket content?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dave.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Dave wrote:
      Thanks but I get redirected to:

403 Forbidden
      You do not have permissions to access this page.

in the style tab of the template manager see the pagination option.
    • The following users have thanked you: Dave

• cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Dave wrote:
      Thanks for a link but I'm still being redirected to a 403 forbidden page...

EDIT

Forget the link issue - looks like I need to pay to see it.

The rokajax search feature pulls from everything, including roksprocket posts. Really falls under the same issue I am having with the blog rendering roksprocket posts that obviously should not be seen on a regular page.

How do I prevent rokajax search from displaying results that include roksproket content?
      please start a new topic for this issue.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds