Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rename template name & folder

• Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

SOLVED Rename template name & folder

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I've got a pretentious client who is insisting I change her theme folder to match her company name.

I changed the folder name - the template disappeared from the WordPress dashboard :(
      I changed the folder name and modified the template xml file - all the widgets disappeared or stopped functioning
      Using PowerGREP I was able to hunt down all the RT files containing the default template name rt_alerion_wp. Renaming all 166 instances caused the template to not load.

Obviously I'm missing something. Anyone know a method to accomplish this without breaking the RT template?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Rename template name & folder

• yeah... I wouldn't recommend doing this at all... put everything back before you forget what all you've changed and you're in a bigger mess...

Moving to the Wordpress Alerion Forum...
      EDIT: Moving to Wordpress Free area since OP's subscription has ended

Like... do you just want the Display Name changed in the Left Dashboard Menu?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Dave
    • Rocketeer
    • Print, Web & SEO

Re: SOLVED Rename template name & folder

• You can delete or close this as solved. I figured it out - changed all the file names from the default, modified the xml and a made two changes in the database.

Everything still works and most importantly, the client will be happy!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds