Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Spectral Theme Settings - overrides

• Spectral Theme Settings - overrides

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Hi there,

I’ve got a question about the RockSprocket Spectral Theme Settings

In the ‚Style’ tab I used the 'Default Settings' to put all the settings the way that I liked. After that I edited the overrides for the other pages (about us, contact, team, etc) so I could change all the pages separately if that was needed.

But here is the thing; when I change the Default Settings now.. nothing happens! Even if I change the settings for the override pages still nothing happens. I can’t find out where this goes wrong because it did work before and I didn’t change the other settings.

I hope that someone can help me out with this. Thanks!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Spectral Theme Settings - overrides

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Welcome to the boards!

There's a little "clear cache" button in the upper right that's good to click after saving Gantry settings changes...

Please be specific about your issue... focus on a single page that doesn't have an override applied to it; that page should inherit only the default settings... make changes to default settings, do you see the changes on the front-end? make changes to an override, do you see that change?

please always post a link to your site and often we need admin credentials as well which you can provide in the secure tab
    • The following users have thanked you: MindXposure

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Spectral Theme Settings - overrides

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Matt,

thank you for your answer. I think something went wrong with my earlier 'thanks' and answer to you.

As you can see I'm new here so excuse me if I didn't made the issue as clear as possible:)
      I'm talking about the website www.pullposition.nl/2014 where I'm working with the Spectral theme.

I've got overrides for all the pages that I got because I want to possibility to change de header pictures for every single page. But for now I'm not using the overrides to see what happened when I used the Default Settings and using the 'clear cache' button.

This worked out fine for all of the pages, except for the homepage. Even though I use the 'clear cache' button, the 'Footer Style' and 'Footer Background Image' buttons keeps checked after saving the override with unchecked buttons. So this means I can't change this page properly.

Thanks for the reply again, I will respond earlier this time!

Charlotte
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• ok... so checking/unchecking an option just means its "active" for that override... unchecked means it should use default settings... so if you check it, you would then be expected to change something... to make it different than the default settings...

I went to your Front Page override and changed the Footer Style color to black, and validated that it changed on the front page... i set it back to #605750
    • The following users have thanked you: MindXposure

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Hi Matt,

that's right.
      So I unchecked everything on the Front Page override page and than I save and leave the page. But... when I return to the Front Page override, the 'Footer Style' option and 'Footer Background Image' option are checked again. It looks like I can't get to default settings with that two options (unless I set the options just like the default options).

I tried also to work with another footer style color on the Front Page override, I validated that that worked also. But I don't understand why I cann't uncheck the two options..
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• so, I was able to change the footer style color to black as opposed to the default settings brown as noted earlier...

I was also just now able to go into the Front Page Override and uncheck Footer Style and Footer Background Image and save... this returns these to "things" to the Default Settings... These 2 things remain unchecked currently...

Are you trying to uncheck EVERYTHING? like your Layouts, Gizmos, and Content override settings as well?

I guess I'm not following...
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Matt.

• Hi Matt,

no you did follow me.

"I was also just now able to go into the Front Page Override and uncheck Footer Style and Footer Background Image and save... this returns these to "things" to the Default Settings... These 2 things remain unchecked currently..."

After you did this, it also worked for me and the two options remain unchecked. So thanks.

I think I'm getting there with the theme, but I've got some things left I don't understand:

Where does the grey background colour come from which is used on the following pages:
      www.pullposition.nl/2014/over-pull-position/
      www.pullposition.nl/2014/portfolio/ (the blocks)

I can't find this colour in the Spectral Theme > Style > Mainbody options for example.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds