Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Basic guidance please

• Basic guidance please

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Hello Forum. We're beginners, trying to customise the Spectral theme (wordpress).Although we've figured some things out, we're having problems with some very basic aspects of customisation - how to assign a page to our HomePage, for example, or how to change a background image. We've checked out a lot of RT documentation, but most of it assumes a significant knowledge level. Does anyone know of any very basic, step-by-step guides, tutorials or clips which will take us through the very early setup stages? We just need someone to get us going, really. Although Dimitris solved our earlier problem (thanks again!), we need a little more help. Many thanks, Peter
    • Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by verbals2visuals. Reason: typos
  • Re: Basic guidance please

• Hi,

Your first request on changing HomePage is defined in Wordpress settings. You can set a Static page instead of Posts under Settings/Reading. Next, changing the background image is depending on the theme you are using. In some themes you can do this through Gantry settings and in others you will have to use CSS (or we could guide you).

Also, have you checked Gantry documentation here: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordpress

There are some videos there that you could find useful.

Let us know if you need more help :)
    • The following users have thanked you: verbals2visuals, Dan Hegelund

• Posting a url to your site and screenshots of your issue could be really helpful.
      How to add a Custom Stylesheet in Gantry for WP

• Thanks again, Dimitris. Yes, we knew some of this (not all) and we've seen pretty well all the Rockettheme videos. But, either we're not understanding, or some aspects don't work. Anyhow, some basic guidance would be appreciated. Any chance you could contact us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - maybe we could discuss how you could help us. Thanks again. Peter.

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
    • I concur. I picked RocketTheme because I was told it was "easy". So far I am finding it far from. I also agree that some newb guides and general newb content is needed/missing. I'm using the Paradigm Theme, and I can't figure out how to set it up. The guide that's available isn't newb-friendly enough.

Maybe i should try a different theme? Is there a different theme that is easier, or that has a guide for beginners?

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
    • In our experience, the RT themes are definitely not for the beginner. A lot of the theme structure is confusing, and difficult to set up, and the documentation often assumes a high level of knowledge. The system is powerful but hard to use. We've found the comments from developer Dimitris Mitsis on this forum very helpful
    • The following users have thanked you: Dan Hegelund

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds