SOLVED Some issues with afterburner [DARK]

Posted 14 years 3 weeks ago
    • 1. Profile view, Online icon repeats
      I managed to fix this my self, just find:
      body.dark .online { ..... }
      In styles.css and add:
      background-position:right top;
      background-repeat:no-repeat;

This can probably simplified into one rule (background-image), but I could not figure that one out. Also note that I use profile on right hand side on viewtopic, so this might not apply to you. The same rule apply to the viewtopic online icon. The above suggestion is my quick fix ;)

2. Quote CSS does not apply [SOLVED]
      This one has me baffled. Same thing on your demo page. I have tried debugging it in firebug, but the CSS seems to be applied there, background (both colour and image) are "in effect", they just don't appear. Anyone found a fix for this?

3. <div id="wrapper" class="foreground"> is closed "early" in all views except index.php
      I tried finding this one my self, but I think this is because the style inherits from prosilver. Can anyone point me in the direction of the footer HTML file viewforum, viewtopic, search, ucp, mcp and memberlist uses? Need to update the divs :) The result is that the bottom menu and copyright footer (not phpBB's notice) are using the full width of the page. It might be fixed by adding an additional div before or after the one mentioned above, but I don't think it will be closed correctly then.

I am not sure if these apply to all colour variations. I use the "dark" style, have not tested with others. Any help on issue 2 and 3 will be appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by MagnusB.
    • MagnusB

Re: SOLVED Some issues with afterburner [DARK]

Posted 14 years 2 weeks ago
    • Issue 2 is solved!

Problem is that the CSS for quote is defined 2 places, 1 in colours.css and 1 in content.css.

I changed it so that the content.css is the one I use. Find:
      blockquote {...}
      Change it too:
      blockquote {
          background: #ebebeb url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/quote.gif") 6px 8px no-repeat !important;
          border: 1px solid #dbdbdb !important;
          font-size: 0.95em !important;
          margin: 0.5em 1px 0 25px !important;
          overflow: hidden !important;
          padding-left: 5px !important;
          color: #000 !important;
      }
      Also, there are some rules there for nested quotes, be sure to add !important to them as well, otherwise they are overruled by another. Then be sure to comment out ALL references to blockquote in colours.css, including the ones for nested (I have not tested with nested quotes). I also changed the font color for quotes, as the default one was kind of hard to read on that background.

EDIT:
      cite CSS seems to be applied, no need to add the !important to them, I think, but blockquote seems to be overwritten by another rule, so it might be wise to add important to em.
    • Last Edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by MagnusB.
    • MagnusB

Re: SOLVED Some issues with afterburner [DARK]

Posted 14 years 2 weeks ago
    • Seems like my quickfix to the quote issue has some issues on it's own (quote without a cite will have the "quote pic" appear). As for issue 3, that was my doing. I just had to move an <!--ENDIF--> and it works as expected now.

EDIT:
      Fixed everything. Problem was that the blockquote CSS used padding, which overwrote padding-top for uncited. I changed it to padding-left in my post above, which seems to be working.

It seems that an easier fix might be removing blockquote and cite from the first rule in dark.css

EDIT 2:
      Same in styles.css

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds