Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

• Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

Posted 14 years 3 months ago
    • The easy stuff gets all of us. Its easy to go cross-eyed after a while working on this stuff. :cheesy:
  • Re: How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

• But it was not the same issue at my site, have you had the time to check my site also? :oops:
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Anna Lindgren wrote:
      But it was not the same issue at my site, have you had the time to check my site also? :oops:

Anna, I'd be happy to check your site as well, but you haven't posted a link or PM'd be login access yet. Please do and I'll take a look. :cheesy:

• Ben Lee wrote:
      Anna Lindgren wrote:
      But it was not the same issue at my site, have you had the time to check my site also? :oops:

Anna, I'd be happy to check your site as well, but you haven't posted a link or PM'd be login access yet. Please do and I'll take a look. :cheesy:

Oh, but I did several days ago, it must have disappeared in cyberspace, I do it again :)

• Anna, I got the same issue now when trying to install the stuff in joomla and not within a subdomain. I did a new install and I can change colors and so on, but changing size or trying to activate menus fails. I'll try to figure out, but everything I tried so far did not succeed....

I'll let you know if I find out something. Also wrote Ben, maybe he can figure out what is wrong with that....
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Anna, I've logged in and things are definitely not installed right. I'm sorting through the items now and checking everything.

The things missed are...
      Log into the phpBB3 Administration Control Panel. Change the following settings:

* General → Server configuration → Load settings → Recompile stale style components to Yes
      * General → Server configuration → Security Settings → Allow php in templates to Yes
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      * Go to the System → Module Management → Administration Control Panel.
      * Select General in the Module management list.
      * At the bottom, type ROKBB3 then press the "Create new module" button.
      * Make sure "Module enabled" is selected.
      * After module creation, enter the newly created category called ROKBB3.
      * Now we can add Afterburner and other templates for configuration. There is a list at the bottom right, where you can select the module. Scroll down for Afterburner to add it for configuration.
      * Press "Add module"
      * Repeat last two steps with "Global Configuration" module.
      * After adding it. Press "Enable" button to make the module active.
      * Now go to the "General" tab at the top. At the bottom of the modules there is a ROKBB3 category. You can now select the Afterburner template and configure it's options.

You did an install of RokBB3, but not in the right place. The directions are very clear and need to be followed.

The Afterburner Style control panel ended up under the Board Configuration menu listed as Global Configuration.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Anna, you're all set.

For everyone...

Please read the instructions on installation carefully and go through them step by step. The issues on this topic have been from misplaced modules on install and missed steps in the install procedure. The systems that run these forums and websites like phpBB3 and Joomla are pretty big and capable systems and need a little bit of care taken when installing them.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• @Henning,
      Anna, I got the same issue now when trying to install the stuff in joomla and not within a subdomain. I did a new install and I can change colors and so on, but changing size or trying to activate menus fails. I'll try to figure out, but everything I tried so far did not succeed....

I'm not sure if you're trying to install phpBB3 right on top of Joomla, but if that's the case, no it will not work. It looks like you have a "website.com" site with both Joomla and phpBB3 files in it. You really should have the following set up for things to work properly...

website.com - Joomla files and install
      website.com/phpBB3 - phpBB3 files and installation
      website.com/forum - RokBridge installation

These subdirectories can be changed and names whatever you want, but placing phpBB3 and Joomla files in the same directory will not work.

• @Ben
      I installed it same way as you described. Joomla files are in the root, phpbb is in phpBB3 folder. The RokBridge is installed by joomla and if I use the brigde to access the forums, it is using the ../forum URL.

So that should not be an issue...

• Ben Lee wrote:
      Anna, I've logged in and things are definitely not installed right. I'm sorting through the items now and checking everything.

The things missed are...
      Log into the phpBB3 Administration Control Panel. Change the following settings:

* General → Server configuration → Load settings → Recompile stale style components to Yes
      * General → Server configuration → Security Settings → Allow php in templates to Yes
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      * Go to the System → Module Management → Administration Control Panel.
      * Select General in the Module management list.
      * At the bottom, type ROKBB3 then press the "Create new module" button.
      * Make sure "Module enabled" is selected.
      * After module creation, enter the newly created category called ROKBB3.
      * Now we can add Afterburner and other templates for configuration. There is a list at the bottom right, where you can select the module. Scroll down for Afterburner to add it for configuration.
      * Press "Add module"
      * Repeat last two steps with "Global Configuration" module.
      * After adding it. Press "Enable" button to make the module active.
      * Now go to the "General" tab at the top. At the bottom of the modules there is a ROKBB3 category. You can now select the Afterburner template and configure it's options.

You did an install of RokBB3, but not in the right place. The directions are very clear and need to be followed.

The Afterburner Style control panel ended up under the Board Configuration menu listed as Global Configuration.

Really big thanks! I really missed a few steps, I was really unsure where to install the rokbb3 component, but I thought I put it in the right place, but all the other stuff I did not have a clue about :oops: :oops: .
      I will save these instructions for the future :)
      Thank you very very much!!
      //Anna

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds