Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Image viewing front end

• Image viewing front end

Posted 11 years 5 months ago
    • Hi- I just installed the free magento template to just get a feel for how RT looks in Magento. I don't have a ton of magento experience but I am familiar with RT quality.

Quick question, are there other options to view images on the front end like full sized with lightbox vs. the zoom?

If so, is it a simple change in the UI, or would I need some 3rd party magento extension?

Thanks for any help.
    • Commerce Site with Metropolis magento 1.7- Wood Signs
  • Re: Image viewing front end

• I think I may have found the answer in the "extensions" section of magento. Dang it's huge, sort of like the JED.

I guess my only other question is how do you know if a particular magento extension is compatible with an RT? I suppose the answer there is to just try it...or just backup and try it!

8)
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Image viewing front end

• The free version of Quasar doesn't come with the bulk of our RokMage extensions - it just has the HomepageTabs extension and CmsCallouts. So it only has the zoom on the product images. The club version has all the extensions, including ProductView, which gives you an option of either the zoom or a lightbox. So, you can either join the Magento club to access that, or else install a 3rd party extension. We've made things as extension-friendly as possible, but can't ever guarantee something will work. However, we can usually help get things working if they don't immediately.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.

Posted 11 years 4 months ago
    • When I (inevitably) get ready to do this magento thing, I will be buying a subscription to RT magento. The themes look amazing. I just don't understand why I didn't do it sooner. It looks like the full e-commerce package.

Curious as to why the RT magento themes aren't responsive?

Then again I'm starting to wonder about responsive sites. I personally enjoy browsing websites on my iphone, as a regular non responsive website, just as much, if not more, than a responsive site.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Image viewing front end

• None of the Joomla versions of the current Magento themes are responsive - the responsive Joomla themes are from Kirigami onwards, which we have yet to get to in our Magento conversions.

We do however have a mobile theme, that is universal, in that it can be added alongside any of our themes and styled to match in a few minutes using the jQuery Mobile Theme Roller. It's on the Magento demo.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.

• Cool, thanks Sam. I'm on it!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds