Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme Editing

• RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme Editing

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • When using the RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme, where would I edit settings such as Font Size, Capitalization options and Colors? I have tried editing the /var/www/html/modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/fusion/css/fusion.css files, but I don't see all the options therea nd the changes I makes don't seem to change the menu, even when forcing a reload. So, clearly I don't know what I'm doing. LOL./ Any help is appreciated.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme Editing

• You wouldn't edit any of our original template files. Instead you should be writing you own cusotm CSS to modify the template styling of that module.

When developing web sites it is useful to learn to use either, the Inspector in Firefox, Chrome Developer Tools in Chrome, or one of the other browser developer tools, they will save you hours on things like this and they're very easy to use.

I presume you are using Gantry 4?

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

http://docs.gantry.org/gantry4/tutorials/adding-a-custom-stylesheet

If you need more help with the CSS that you need to write Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear exactly what you want to change.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme Editing

• Yes, I'm using Gantry 4.1.35. Just to be clear, I don't want to customize settings for my template (RocketTheme "Audacity"), only for the RokNavMenu Fusion module "theme". In toher words, I just want to customize the menu, not the entire theme. Would the instructions you provided do this? They appear to show creating a custom CSS for the entire template. Thanks for your help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokNavMenu Default Fusion Theme Editing

• Yes you should use custom Css to change the styling. From what you descrobed you don't want to change the functionality, only the styling, so custom CSS is they way to go for that.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds