Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7

• Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Hi to all the community
      I have strange Error 503, for some users only on my site and some cases.
      I am aware it might be for many reason including the component that is used in thoses cases.
      Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7 ?

Thanks
      Scubabyss
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7

• No there is not http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix .

503 says your server is unavailable.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Lionel Charrier

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7

• Many thanks.
      This confirms I have to search elsewhere for the issue.
      This issue occurs only for few users. At the time it occured, the user gets the message with Chrome, Safari and IE, but not with Edge. So I doubt it is the server.
      I have checked by using standard Joomla Template Protostar. Same issue. Afterburner is not involved with my trouble

As we say in French, "La balle est dans mon camp!"
      Kind Regards
      Lionel
    • Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Lionel Charrier.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Maybe the use is just seeing a "cached" version of the site in IE edge. Try getting them to clear browser cache and I'll bet the error is then consistent across all browsers = and that error is coming from the server.

Regards, Mark.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Is there any compatibility issue Afterburner vs Joomla! 3.7

• Hi Mark,
      I really appreciate your advises and the time your spend (t?)
      I have set my site back to php 5.6 and for the user with this trouble it seems to work.
      I suspect a trouble with the component used for booking events, but as you imagine I cannot as the developer to check with such a message "For some users it does not seems to work with php 7.1 or Joomla 3.7".
      This developper is as kind as your are : Efficient and reactive.
      Before being retired and helping non-profit organisations, I worked for an important international telecom manufacturer that was providing upward compatibility overs PSTN/ISDN switch releases for more than 20 years and I know it is a head ache.
      Therefore, wait and try f there are still troubles for some users and if not not, I am pretty sure that I will be able to go to php7 in the near future.
      Post Scriptum : I am not sure that php 7 compatibility is the issue. What is important is my users can register to the scuba diving events.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As far as I am aware there are no issues with afterburner with J3.7 or PHP7 provided you are on latest versions. There's not really much more I can add really. a 503 error is a server error.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds