Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokQuickCart H1 heading

• hsojhsoj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

RokQuickCart H1 heading

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • I am trying to use the RokQuickCart and would like to know why the "Cart Page Title" is an h2 heading and not an h1. I have tried to set the h1 in the menu item also but still can't get an h1 on the page.
      The screen shots show the settings. Here is the site testdavidanddebbiemcfadden.dependentmedia.com/order
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by hsojhsoj.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokQuickCart H1 heading

• You should only have one H1 on a page. For this reason the H1 tag is associated with the "page title" field that can be found on the menu item under "page display options" tab. All other titles will be H2 because there can be more than one of them.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • hsojhsoj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Please look at my screen captures and question again. I have already set the "page display options" and I took a screen capture of it and I gave you a link to the page. The page has no h1 and I have set the menu "page display options", yet there is no h1. Please help me set an h1.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• My answer is the same. But... I tried this on my local installation of Citadel and it works perfectly. On your site it does not, and I even created a test menu item too. Therefore, it must be one of your other third-party extensions causing this behhaviour. All I can suggest is that you disbale your third-party plugins/extensions one at a time (clearing server and browser cache between each change) until you find the culprit.

Try a rocketlauncher local copy of Citadel and you will see that it works fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • hsojhsoj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please set up a rocketlauncher as I suggested and DO NOT upgrade it to Joomla 3.7 (as this could be the issue). I tested this locally and it works fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • hsojhsoj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I hope I have not offended you in some way. Let's start over. I want an h1 tag on my page that sells. I am using the "rokquickcart-2.1.5.zip"

My test sites are not able to accomplish this:

test01.dependentmedia.com/index.php/store , joomla 3.7.0, in php 5 or 7, Protostar template, no added components or modules
      test02.dependentmedia.com/index.php/store , joomla 3.6.5, in php 5 or 7, Protostar template, no added components or modules
      test03.dependentmedia.com/index.php/store , joomla 3.6.5, in php 5 or 7, citadel-1.1.4-rocketlauncher_j36, no added components or modules

It is wonderful that your setup works for you. Perhaps you could send me a link to your test site? Here is a link to a page that has an h1 set in the menu item (Page Heading) and works perfectly, incase you don't know what i mean, test01.dependentmedia.com/index.php/menu-title-05

Now take a look at test02.dependentmedia.com/index.php/store and see that in the source code that there is no h1 present anywhere, even though I have set the "Page Heading" in the menu item. I set the "Page Heading to "page heading store" and that text "page heading store" doea not appear anywhere in the source code of the page. I was expecting "page heading store" to be an h1 at the top of the page. Why is it not there?

-Have a nice day
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I've confirmed that this is actually a rokquickcart issue. It works on everything but a rokquickcart menu item. I will raise a bug ticket about this but it may take some time to be resolved so in the mean time I suggest that you create a customhtml module or particle containing your H1 tag and publish that somewhere on the page.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds