Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

• SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • I'm using Gantry v4.1.32 and Afterburner2 v1.5 template.

I use a module that outputs Google News article previews called Google CT News. The module works well, but sometimes the format google news listing get messed up and I can't figure out why. I suspect this is the module and not the afterburner template. In the screenshot, you see 2 news articles with bullet points and the text slides underneath.I first thought this was Google news providing a larger image intended but doesn't seem to be the case. I attatched the output source for these articles as well for news feeds displaying fine in the same screenshot

This question more than likely goes beyond the template support, but I would appreciate any help or insight. The module is not supported and I have been unsuccesful to contact those devs. I feel there's a simple change for this and I can add it into the module itself.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

• Since you didn't provide a link I can't check much but I would suggest.

Make sure caching is off in global configuration.

Make sure any compressor is off (e.g. rokbooster or Jch_optimize) and clear cache.

It could be bad feeds.

It could be that you (or your extension) are truncating the feed to limit the number of chracters and this is leading to unbalanced html tags.

...or it could be something else...

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

• Hi, thanks. I'm not using cache on this site. Also not using GZIP or other compression (no JCH optimize). Link provided in secure tab. It looks like the issue is happening now on a feed.
  • Re: SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Robert Tee, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RT_Afterburner 2 Module Layout news listing feeds sometimes not aligned

• It's what I said... You have unbalanced html tags on the page for whatever reason.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks. I see the validator do you know what in particular I need to fix? I'm guessing this is what the mod is doing. Or is it hopeless
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You need to fix every on of those errors shown in w3c validator. Turn on "source" in the validator and it will show you exactly where the code is wrong when you click on the line number in the report.

Regards, Mark.

• Got it, thanks

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds