Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Non-consistent behavior on HTML content

• mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Non-consistent behavior on HTML content

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • I would like to report a finding I noticed regarding HTML content in xenon template (or maybe others as well, or may not relate to template at all):

I am using xenon on my site .

Please scroll down to the footer, and you will see in footer-a it shows:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

What's missing there is a link for Bluehost:

I found if I remove /track/xie....:

Then the item will show up

If I put it back, it's gone again. (this forum system doesn't allow me to past more screenshots here)

HOWEVER, I did notice it worked once this morning when Mark (Mt. T) was asking me that my question ( http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/free-joomla-stuff/267986-solved-why-my-slider-doesn-t-show-full-size ) doesn't make sense to him, at that time it showed up the link.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mdivk.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Non-consistent behavior on HTML content

• In the case the post is picked up by someone else, please go to Secure tab to see the admin credential. Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

I checked your site a number of times and followed the link and returned... The link always shows for me without any issue.

What browser are you using? Try disabling any browser plugins that you may have too.

Also, that is Joomla Xenon and your subscription for support on this template has expired - please renew your subscription if you require support.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I double checked just now 5:45AM EST, on both Chrome and Firefox, none of them showing the link. It shows up in IE though.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There is nothing wrong with your site... I just checked again...

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• OK, so this proves there is at least browser compatibility issue in the site: Chrome and Firefox not working and IE works
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• On my Mac I tried the link in Safari, Firefox and Chrom and they all show up correctly ....
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• mdivk wrote:
      OK, so this proves there is at least browser compatibility issue in the site: Chrome and Firefox not working and IE works

It proves no such thing. It just proves that it's your computer that has the issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      mdivk wrote:
      OK, so this proves there is at least browser compatibility issue in the site: Chrome and Firefox not working and IE works

It proves no such thing. It just proves that it's your computer that has the issue.

Regards, Mark.

To be honorsly I was thinking my computer has the issue, however, as I explained earlier, if I make the URL same as others format: bluehost.com without the tailing piece /track/xxxxxx, the link shows up here.

I was also thinking that this is a valuable finding to Rocket team as it is impossible that I am the only one having this issue, so maybe Rocket team can find some workaround and make the template more adaptive, more resillient, more robust to any environment.

Since it cannot be reproduced from your side, it becomes very challenge to isolate and troubleshoot for you guys.

Since it works in your environments, I'll just give up.

Please do not take this as sort of offensive, that is never my intention.

I really appreciate everyone's time.

As to the subsciption, I think it is most consumers would be like me, there must be a very strong reason to pay subscription fee for the life cycle of a website (which could be years and years), it is also probably not fair to Rocket team to provide life time free support, this seems to be a dilemma. I have no answer.

Thanks again to everyone and have a wonderful day or night, around the clock.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As a gesture of good will you have just received support for Free. I hope you will reconsider purchasing a subscription (for which there is a lifetime support option) if you require further support with your Joomla Xenon template.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds