Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

• SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
    • I'm trying to adjust the font size of my body text throughout my site. I'm usng the below CSS for this in my override file but it doesn't appear to be changing the size. I know "em" is preferred to size but I tried that and no change.

body {

font-family: 'gooddogregular';

font-size: 8em;

color: black;
      }

This is working fine for the below

body {

}
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

• 1. 8em would be huge?

2. it's like that there are more specific CSS commands that change the font size which would render your CSS statement ineffective.

3. Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

• Your CSS should be:
      body.font-size-is-xlarge {

}

Wow MEGA!

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Correct Body Font Sizing for CSS

• Thanks! This is working :)

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds