Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Why my slider doesn't show full size?

• mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Why my slider doesn't show full size?

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Here is the site , the site is using Xenon

The slides are tailored to 1280x600.

The original slider:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Another slider:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can tell me where is the magical button to make them back to normal?

Thank you in advance.

PS: accidently I found this is related to responsive design, for some reason, the sliders do not show up in a wide screen, they only get back to normal when the screen size is like an ipad.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mdivk.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Why my slider doesn't show full size?

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you very much Mark.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can tell me how to modify the size whenever there is a need so I don't come to the forum next time.

PS. If you look at the site now, you will see there is a link of Bluehost in the footer-a, I need to give it a URL like " bluehost.com /track/xxxx", it will not show up, I must put it as bluehost.com , is this any trick from Rocket Theme team? Can I post a URL whatever I need? Thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• btw I just noticed that your subscription for Xenon Joomla support has expired which explains why you posted in this forum instead of the template forum. Support does require a current subscription.

Those images are used as background images so they don't influence the height of the container in which they reside. Instead it's the textual content (together with whatever padding is around it) that influences the height of the container. You're not using any textual content so you only have the padding driving the height. So... you just need to increase the padding.

Use this code...
      .g-flexslider-slideshow .g-flexslider-slideshow-item-content {
         padding: 18rem 2rem;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you Mark,

Following the instruction of creating custom css, I created a new folder (scss) of templates/rt_xenon/custom/scss, and created a custom.css with your code there.

I then recompile the css and clear the cache.

I don't see changes applied to the site as the slider remains same.

Where am I missing here?

Thanks again for your help.

BTW, does the instruction apply to xenon? it's a bit old template, I kind of remember some key changes were introduced around xenon's release time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You didn't name the file correctly. It should be custom.scss.

Regards, Mark.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Never mind Mark, it works now for unknown reason, I did not make any different changes.
      Thanks lots.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That doesn't make sense to me? where are you doing this? in what context? Why?

Regards, Mark.
    • mdivk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Never mind Mark, it works now for unknown reason, I did not make any different changes.
      Thanks lots.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds