Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokGallery Slice Creation

• Bob Hyde
    • Rocketeer

RokGallery Slice Creation

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,

Can you explain how slices are created please as I have two galleries both set up identically?
      However, two different sized slices have been created from the same orignal picture.

Regards,

Bob
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokGallery Slice Creation

• RokGallery creates a new image file when you make a slice
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bob Hyde
    • Rocketeer

• Hi,

My question is how RokGallery determines what size the slice should be.

My understand is that a slice is created when you tag a photo?

When it creates the slice does it use the Gallery size when deciding what size to make the slice?

Regards,

Bob
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• You can edit the size in the Slice Editor by clicking the Edit button next to the Slice... or clicking New to create a new Slice

www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensio...ng-the-administrator

... scroll down a little

.... otherwise I believe the slice size is determined by the Gallery Settings
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bob Hyde
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Matt,

Thanks for you response.

My question is, how from two galleries, setup identically with a width of 910x500, from one uploded picture do 2 slices get created, one of which is 644x579 and the other 910x500?

Do you have a suggested image size guide depending on which Gallery type you use?

Regards,

Bob
    • Bob Hyde
    • Rocketeer

• Hi,

Can you tell me please how two galleries, (setup identically with a width of 910x500) with one picture can create 2 slices one of which is has an image slice 644x579 and the other 910x500?

Do you have a suggested size for the different gallery type.

Regards,

Bob
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• You should be able to just create the Slice via the Slice editor and tag it with your respective Gallery Tags... you can make as many slices per image as you'd like... just stick the tag on the slice in the editor versus on the main image property screens

I honestly haven't messed around a ton with Slices... I always create my image files exactly to the size I want them, optimize them with kraken.io and THEN I upload

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds