Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Roksprocket Height Override in SCSS?

• SOLVED Roksprocket Height Override in SCSS?

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • Hi,

I've created a site with Gantry 5.0 Hydrogen Template, and have a slideshow Rocksprocket in the showcase position, I only have a couple of images, and the same text on both panes, my problem is it is fine when the view portal is Large-Desktop (>1200), but the text gets cut off the bottom when I reduce to Desktop (<1200) I'm using Visible-Desktop class so don't see the Slides on tablets etc.

Its probably not the correct way to do it but I thought i could override the height in the custom.scss file as i know 280px fixes the issue,

I have an element.style {height: auto;} which i untick in google inspect and then added fixed height to .layout-slideshow .sprocket-features-img.container img, which works ok when i'm in inspect...

but when i add below to the SCSS file,

.layout-slideshow .sprocket-features-img.container img {height: 280px !important;}

it doesn't seem to override and i still have height:auto;

I have fudged the problem by changing the Configuration Breakpoints on the Desktop from 75em to 80em but i'm sure this isn't the way to do it, and would love to learn, the real way from the experts.

Thank you for any help, sorry if this is a dumb question

Andy
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Roksprocket Height Override in SCSS?

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you. No, you should change the breakpoints. Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Roksprocket Height Override in SCSS?

• Hi
      Below two images, this one from a larger >1200 screen, words appear fine

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Where the this one, gets cut, from a smaller screen, but also when i reduce the size of browser

Currently i've moved the breakpoints back original, i'd be happy for the sprocket height increases, but i can't figure out how to do this either.

Thanks for everything

Andy
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Use this code...
      .layout-slideshow .sprocket-features-img-list {
          min-height: 340px;
          background-color: #F5F5F5;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you Mark, that sort of does the trick, but maybe it's a bit deep

Is it possible to extend the width of the sprocket, beyond the logo etc in both directions, such that i don't need it so deep... or even take it full width?

thank you again for your help, it really is appreciated.

Best Regards

Andy
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, on the layout of the outline change the showcase section settings to "fullwidth (flushed content)".

Regards, Mark.

• thank you Mark, much appreciated

andy

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds