Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokCommon - Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi

• SOLVED RokCommon - Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • My web site host just upgraded to PHP 5.6.17 and I'm getting several errors that I am working through. One of them is related to Rokcommon which is loaded with the RokSprocket extensions. All Rok extensions are up to date. Using: Joomla! 3.4.8, Gantry 4.1.29, Leviathon Template.
      I see the folloiwng error when I try to look at the Extensions-Modules while in admin mode.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi() in /home/....../public_html/libraries/rokcommon/phpQuery.php on line 1422"
      The codes is as follows

1422 ? mb_eregi('\w', $char)
      1423 : preg_match('@\w@', $char);

I'm am being told by the host company that that mb_eregi is no longer supported after PHP 5.3. I'm no programmer so I do really understand the code above. It looks to me that if function mb_eregi is not available then line 1423 preg_match function should be executed?
      Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Dan
      P.S RokBox is also giving me trouble. That will be my next question.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by dplivingston.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RokCommon - Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi

• mb_eregi is available in php 5.6 - it is not deprecated see http://php.net/manual/en/function.mb-ereg.php

make sure you have mb_string enabled on your server.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RokCommon - Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi

• Mr. T,

Thanks for the quick response. My wonderful web host company says that they have disabled mbregex in PHP 5.6 which was just installed on the server. They tell me I need to use mb_ereg_replace in place of mb_eregi. Since I'm not a programmer am I SOL? i've tailored several web sites around a Rockettherm Template, the Gantry platform and several of the Rockettheme Extensions.

I'm seeing similar errors using both Rokbox and RokSprocket. I was able to eliminate the Rokbox errors by not using the Autogenerate thumbnail option, but can't seem to work around the RokSprocket issues, which even messes up the joomla admin template to the point where i can view the list of Modules, let alone chnage them.

Thanks,
      Dan
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by dplivingston.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You should not have to resort to changing php code to fit in with what your host has done by disabling php functions. Ask them to enable mbregex - it is not deprecated. If they won't use a different hosting company. It would be madness for you to be changing all RT code and joomla code just to accommodate their settings.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Mark,

Thanks. I'll see if I can convince them to turn it on. They told me the following;
      "Unfortunately, mbregex is not supported on shared server plan since it generates high usage on server."

I am not looking forward to moving everything over to a new host compnay but I will if I have to.

Thanks,
      Dan
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

• Mark,

After 3-4 rounds with tech support from my hosting company I convinced them to move my sites to a server that has mbregex enabled. Now I can undo (turn back on RokBox and RokSprocket) the temporary fixes I put in place so that my sites would load.

Thank you again for all of your support. RocketTheme is a class act.

Dan

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds