Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Main Image Missing from RokSprocket Tabs Module

• SOLVED Main Image Missing from RokSprocket Tabs Module

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I'm building a site using the Lexicon Joomla template, and I've set upa RokSprocket Tabs module to display just like what we see in the demo ( http://demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/lexicon/ ). I've managed to get the small thumbnail tab background images to display correctly, but the main image does not. I am using the "Simple Content" mode on this module. You can seee the the problem happening here: http://firstmedina.org/firstbaptistblanchester.org/

I'm using Joomla 3.4.5. I followed the documentation for setting up this module like the demo, but perhaps I missed something. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Main Image Missing from RokSprocket Tabs Module

• I don't seem to be able to find this in your content -> " Item 1 "
  • Re: SOLVED Main Image Missing from RokSprocket Tabs Module

• Good catch. In the documentation, it looks like each item should ask for: Label, Icon and Link. What I see however is: Tab Label, Icon, Link and Description. Under Icon, the only options I have are "None" and "Media Manager". There is no "Relative Link to Image" option available.

• Any other feedback on this?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Ryan Simmons wrote:
      Good catch. In the documentation, it looks like each item should ask for: Label, Icon and Link. What I see however is: Tab Label, Icon, Link and Description. Under Icon, the only options I have are "None" and "Media Manager". There is no "Relative Link to Image" option available.

Your RokSprocket module amd mine are identical. The term "Relative Link to Image" is not an option but rather describing how the path format to you image should look like. Typically you would see "images/roksprocket/tabs/some-image.jpg"
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Ryan Simmons wrote:
      Any other feedback on this?

Yes your still NOT following our guide of how to set up the FP Tabs. When I alter your HTML to the way that our Docs have it I get this:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • I didn't realize the HTML provided in the documentation needed to get copy-and-pasted into each description field. Indeed, when I added the HTML code, the images showed up correctly. Unfortunately, I'm handing this site over to computer illiterate users once the site is finished. Having them copy-and-paste HTML each and every time they want to create a slide is a really horrible idea, and for this particular client, won't work at all as a good solution.

At this point, I'm going to strip out the RokSprocket module and stick with a more user friendly slider module that is simpler to use out of the gate (probably something like DJ Image Slider). I wish I could use this... it does look really nice with all the added customization.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Ryan Simmons wrote:
      I didn't realize the HTML provided in the documentation needed to get copy-and-pasted into each description field. Indeed, when I added the HTML code, the images showed up correctly. Unfortunately, I'm handing this site over to computer illiterate users once the site is finished. Having them copy-and-paste HTML each and every time they want to create a slide is a really horrible idea, and for this particular client, won't work at all as a good solution.

At this point, I'm going to strip out the RokSprocket module and stick with a more user friendly slider module that is simpler to use out of the gate (probably something like DJ Image Slider). I wish I could use this... it does look really nice with all the added customization.

Lets start over. The DJ Image Slider is just a slideshow extension as is our RokSprocket Slideshow layout module. DJ Image Slider CANNOT do what RokSprocket Tabs layout module does, that is in tabbed panels present content to the user.

The Front Page of Lexicon was setup to show the versatility of the RokSprocket Tabs layout module. Using, more commonly the Joomla provider, allows you to insert the contents of articles in the tabbed panels. You can even insert a RokSprocket Slideshow layout or DJ Image Slider modules in the tabbed panels. In Lexicons case we kept it simple and just created a description that inserted an image for each tabbed panel.

So your welcome to use any slideshow extension you wish with our templates but none of them will do what the RokSprocket Tabs layout module does.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds